I can't say enough about this US Military Resort in one of the world's most beautiful locations "BAVARIA". The setting is appropriately that of a large Alpine Lodge. All of the amenities that you can imagine. Several in-house restaurants, a Starbucks, Country Western Themed Bar, a game room, Swimming Pools, a full service spa and massage. Its large balconied rooms with majestic views of the snow covered Bavarian Alps. Near Zugspitz (Germany's Highest Point, Alpspix with its extending observation decks. Great Snow Ski Resort. Daily tour bus offerings in US $ (Very Reasonable) to many great attractions, i.e. Hitler's Eagles Nest, Munich's Residenz Hall that contains Germany's Crowned Jewels, 3 Country Tour (Including Bolzano, Italy) Home of the "Ice Man", Lichtenstein, Austria). Neueschwanstein Castle (Schloss of The Fairytale King Ludwig II). Dachau Concentration Camp. Horse Drawn Carriage Rides through Garmish-Partenkirchen, Boat trips on a large lake or tour the gorge.
There is a great gift shop located in the resort. Within easy walking distance of Garmish-Partenkirchen. The town of Oberammagau is nearby and is the home of the Passion Play.
You have access to endless agendas or just chill out. Either way you most definitely will not be disappointed.
Suggestion: Book Early as the rooms fill up quickly. This also applies to the motor coach tours offered by the Blau & Weiß (The colors for Bavaria).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Long revered as one of the most desirable destinations in the Bavarian Alps, the Garmisch-Partenkirchen area is an idyllic location nestled at the foot of sweeping Alpine vistas and home to the Edelweiss Lodge and Resort. Just 56 miles from Munich, 34 miles from Innsbruck, the Edelweiss Lodge and Resort is located in the heart of Europe. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Edelweiss Hotel Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Edelweiss Resort Garmisch Partenkirchen
- Edelweiss Lodge And Resort Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany - Bavaria