The staff were attentive and helpful. Rooms are spacious and clean. The food was terrible, salt, salt and even more salt. This is a little bit of America in Bavaria so be warned as a European visiting I was expecting to use Euros but no, this place uses US Dollars. On our last night there the only place to drink was the downstairs bar. This had Karaoke night. Some people may have been happy to hear their kids screeching out some song or other until midnight but not us. As a group of us all relaxing on the last night of a business trip it was a nightmare.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Long revered as one of the most desirable destinations in the Bavarian Alps, the Garmisch-Partenkirchen area is an idyllic location nestled at the foot of sweeping Alpine vistas and home to the Edelweiss Lodge and Resort. Just 56 miles from Munich, 34 miles from Innsbruck, the Edelweiss Lodge and Resort is located in the heart of Europe. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Edelweiss Hotel Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Edelweiss Resort Garmisch Partenkirchen
- Edelweiss Lodge And Resort Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany - Bavaria