“Love Love this hotel and tour”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Garmisch-Partenkirchen
Edelweiss Lodge and Resort
Winchester, Virginia
“Love Love this hotel and tour”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I've never been to Germany before. This was my very first visit. This Hotel was surrounded by Alps and just beautiful. My 10 days stay and tour with this nice hotel has been great. I loved German food, churches, monastery, castles... Very interesting Architecture. As my major was Architecture, I loved loved this Bavaria Garmisch town. I highly recommend this Edelweiss hotel and this area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank MichelleLoveMinoan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
luvpugs
Reviewed 7 May 2014

We stayed at Edelweiss in April and we loved it. The lodge is beautiful! Definitely in the top 5 places that I've stayed. The mountain views are breath taking! The lodge has a "rustic", warm feel to it. The lobby has a fireplace and rockers, nice couches, a big sled above the fireplace. We ate at both restaurants and both were good. The room was a nice size, the beds were comfy and it was clean (I'm a germ freak). The bathroom was nice as well and everything was updated. The tub was a little hard to get in and out of because it was higher but it wasn't a big deal. I would definitely stay at Edelweiss again.

3 Thank luvpugs
Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

The staff were attentive and helpful. Rooms are spacious and clean. The food was terrible, salt, salt and even more salt. This is a little bit of America in Bavaria so be warned as a European visiting I was expecting to use Euros but no, this place uses US Dollars. On our last night there the only place to drink was the downstairs bar. This had Karaoke night. Some people may have been happy to hear their kids screeching out some song or other until midnight but not us. As a group of us all relaxing on the last night of a business trip it was a nightmare.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Mead0wville
Appleton, Wisconsin
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We needed some time away and this was perfect. First time staying in an "Army Resort' but it was way better than I was expected. The grounds are immaculate, and you can tell there was no expense spared on the buildings and restaurants. The location is perfect, right at the base of Zuggspitz, with easy access to everything the area has to offer. Wish we could have gone there a few more times!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank CrazyAirborne
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 April 2014

This Resort is just beautiful. It's surrounded by the mountains and we were blessed with a snowfall during the night on our first night there and woke up to views that we had never seen. There is a buffet breakfast, I would suggest it, the food was excellent and they have an omelet station where you can choose your ingredients and have an omelet made for you. Yum! The staff is excellent and the price was very good. For three adults and two children (1,5) it was $30. They have a swimming pool, hot tub, and gym. Plus the many local shops and eateries to visit. they also offer many activities for an additional charge. It is truly a beautiful place to stay and a has a friendly staff. If you are in the area I would definitely recommend staying here. You won't be sorry.

3 Thank glipham
Fairfax Station, Virginia
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Everyone told us to try out Edelweiss. I can say we were not disappointed. Large spacious rooms with furniture you would expect in a resort lodge. We will definitely come back again . . . book early otherwise you won't get time during the school breaks.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a room with a mountain view and I've heard it is best to avoid a room near the...
3 Thank C_Brina
Bellevue, Nebraska
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

My family and I came to Garmisch the first time in 2012. We were told to stay at a place in the town and not at the resort. We regretted every day we were here not being at the resort. There is so much more convenience and comfort staying at the AFRC than at any downtown place!

We planned to come back and stay at the resort and have been nothing but thrilled with our stay from the moment we walked inside to check in! Comfortable spacious rooms, AFN (tv's off base get only German stations), restaurants and gift shops on the property, ATM in the lobby that will take your US card and give you dollars OR Euros back, washers and dryers, a gym, indoor pool, gift shops, tours that leave from the hotel property, game room for the kids, movie area for kids, super big lobby, and free wifi throughout every inch of this place! (Our last time to Garmisch at the other hotel we had to go down the hallway to pick up the wifi signal.)

Sure you can stay other places for less money, but not for all that you get here! It's WORTH every penny! I got a massage while I was here and it was divine!

One last bit of advice...No matter where you stay, DON'T stay at the resort or your hotel the whole time. Get out and drive around this gorgeous area. Take a trip to Neuschwanstein, or Lindhof Palace. The drive alone there is worth it! You cannot imagine how gorgeous this part of Germany is! And make reservations for your dinners!! That way you don't end up having to wait after a day of sightseeing and everyone's hungry and tired.

Hope you enjoy your stay here! We sure did!

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family