Hiking in the Partnach Gorge was the best! Paragliding was also really awesome! The castles were inspiring as well. Dachau was informative but I was somewhat disappointed in the museum there. We rented handheld devices so that we could walk through the exhibits on our own and the exhibit numbers never matched the paper guide's numbers so you could never figure out how to use the device. We ended up just reading the information on each display.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Long revered as one of the most desirable destinations in the Bavarian Alps, the Garmisch-Partenkirchen area is an idyllic location nestled at the foot of sweeping Alpine vistas and home to the Edelweiss Lodge and Resort. Just 56 miles from Munich, 34 miles from Innsbruck, the Edelweiss Lodge and Resort is located in the heart of Europe. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Edelweiss Hotel Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Edelweiss Resort Garmisch Partenkirchen
- Edelweiss Lodge And Resort Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany - Bavaria