Edelweiss Resort is very nice. There is an indoor pool located in the fitness center that is free for all hotel and cabin guests. There is a very large hot tub located outside with a great view of the Alps. Guests may also use the fitness room or have massages. The rooms are nice. The hotel has a cute little gift shop. It also has a TV corner with children's programming and chairs. In the middle of the lobby there is a very large fireplace where you can sit and relax on several rocking chairs. The excursions are pricey. It is much, much cheaper to drive to Neuschwanstein Castle or Linderhof Castle on your own. There is an Esso in town and you can buy gas coupons (as long as you are military) across the way on the regular post. This post also has a Commisary, PX and Shoppette, which are within walking distance of the resort. Zuggy's is a nice pizza place. They have video trivia in each booth. The buffet is slightly expensive, but it is all you can eat. Pullman Place was delicious!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Long revered as one of the most desirable destinations in the Bavarian Alps, the Garmisch-Partenkirchen area is an idyllic location nestled at the foot of sweeping Alpine vistas and home to the Edelweiss Lodge and Resort. Just 56 miles from Munich, 34 miles from Innsbruck, the Edelweiss Lodge and Resort is located in the heart of Europe. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Edelweiss Hotel Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Edelweiss Resort Garmisch Partenkirchen
- Edelweiss Lodge And Resort Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany - Bavaria