Wow! My wife and I only stopped in for 2 nights as we traveled around Germany. We wished we could have stayed longer and have already planned coming again next summer for a whole week. The resort is very nice and clean when you consider the very affordable price. Once inside you have no idea that this a military operated resort. The rooms were large and we had an awesome view of the mountains from our deck. The information on the tours is great with very detailed and easy to read directions (too many to choose from). We signed up for the Neuschwanstein Castle tour and had a great time, even though it was a rainy day. The resort is quite the trek by foot to get into Garmisch so it would have been nice if there was a shuttle available. However we did rent a couple of bicycles and rode into town on the day it was sunny (very cheap and only took 20 minutes to get to Garmisch). Also because of all the families, we would have liked to have had a more "adult" place in the resort to get away to. Base Camp was ok, but it was missing something and not much fun for being a bar, they need a jukebox or live music. Pullman's Place was the perfect getaway for a nice American type dinner, the wait staff was very professional. We cannot wait to come back!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Long revered as one of the most desirable destinations in the Bavarian Alps, the Garmisch-Partenkirchen area is an idyllic location nestled at the foot of sweeping Alpine vistas and home to the Edelweiss Lodge and Resort. Just 56 miles from Munich, 34 miles from Innsbruck, the Edelweiss Lodge and Resort is located in the heart of Europe. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Edelweiss Hotel Garmisch-Partenkirchen
- Edelweiss Resort Garmisch Partenkirchen
- Edelweiss Lodge And Resort Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Germany - Bavaria