Hotel Bayerischer Hof Erlangen
NH Erlangen(Erlangen)
Hotel Central(Erlangen)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 February 2012

A nice European style hotel, with character. I've stayed at most hotels in Erlangen, and most of the others are more of the boring antiseptic chains (Novotel, NH). Not that the Novotel and NH aren't nice, they are my next choices, but I like the service and atmosphere better here.
I generally stay for a month or more, so I like places where you feel like family! Of course they have german style beds (unusual pillows, covers, extra firm mattress) but I haven't found many hotels in the surrounding 30 km any different!

Room Tip: Ask for a double room, not much (if any) more, but much more room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 December 2011

The rooms are clean, smart and cozy but maybe a bit small. The staff is very helpful in the front desk and also in the restaurants. The breakfast is excellent.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2011

Located in the town of Erlangen, this hotel is clean, smart and offers good food and service. Rooms are generally a reasonable size and fitted out to good standard.
Nice bar and friendly service.
However, this hotel has the worst pillows I have ever found in any hotel anywhere in the world. they are ultra light and so thin you might see through them if you held them up to the sun:
Would recomend youstay at this hotel, but take your own pillows!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 August 2011

The rooms have no air condition so it gets extremely warm in the rooms, the hotel is also somewhat very humid, it has been impossible to sleep! The staff is really not helpful nor understanding and verging on being rude. For the high price you pay, prefer another one

• Stayed: August 2011
bayhofer, Manager at Hotel Bayerischer Hof Erlangen, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2011

Dear traveller,
thank you very much for your comments.We are very sorry to hear about your troubles in our hotel.Unfortunately not all our rooms are equipped with air conditioning and during the time you spent here all the air conditioned rooms were sold out. We can understand your discomfort due to the high temperatures.Yet we can not accept your comments concerning our staff behaviour.We would like to point out that you reserved 4 rooms and only upon your late arrival ( after midnight) you informed us that you will need only 3 rooms.Consequently you were informed by our staff that according to your own company contract no shows after 6 pm will be charged. We know that after hearing this you acted very disappointed and we tried very friendly several times to explain the matter wich you were unwilling to accept.Therefore we are unable to understand your comments.

In anyway we would appreciate if you would give us the chance to welcome you again in our hotel so that we can make sure you are getting a beautiful room with air conditioning.
For further questions please do not hesitate to contact the management directly.

The Management

Reviewed 14 June 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights with business collegues as we were attending a exhibition in Nuremberg. The hotel is approx. 20 driving minutes away from the exhibition centre and is a less expensive alternative to staying in Nuremberg.

The hotel has on property parking, which is not for free. Check-in was fine and the staff very friendly. My room was on the 5th floor and was a bit warm on arrival. Since there was no airconditioning I opened the door to the small balcony.

The room itself is a bit small, but clean and with a good bathroom. The bed was fine, but the pillows are so unbelievably thin that I had to use both available and still didn't get any support for my head. I'm not sure if this is a German thing, but next time I need to switch hotels or bring my own pillow.

Breakfast is in the basement and was nice with a good selection of hot and cold dishes. Good coffee too.

It is a short walk to downtown Erlangen, which has some great bars and restaurants. If you enjoy Thai food, try restaurant ZEN for some nice food (but slow service).

Overall, the people working here are very friendly and service minded, especially in the lobby and bar area. Check-out was slow as it was busy.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business