“And yet more pig products.”
Review of Gruner Brauhaus

Gruner Brauhaus
Ranked #2 of 256 Restaurants in Fuerth
Description: Wir machen Betriebsurlaub vom 6 bis 27. August
Description: Wir machen Betriebsurlaub vom 6 bis 27. August
Reviewed 22 June 2018

During our five day trip to Nuremberg, a very pleasant evening was spent in the adjoining town of Furth. At the Gruner Brauhaus to be exact, just a short distance from Furth train station.
Being a brewery as well as a restaurant the house beer was very well matched to the usual pig products. Although the food was very good, the portions were just too large. Tip, make sure you are very hungry should you intend eating at this restaurant. The restaurant is quite large but nevertheless very busy, so best book particularly for the weekend. Usual jovial servers, definitely a worthwhile experience, sensibly priced too. I would go again, having made sure that I had missed breakfast and lunch.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

I came here by the many fine reviews on tripadvisor, and I can say they are right!

The restaurant is combined with a theater in a lovely old building. The atmosphere is superb upon entering.

The place was packed, but I was lucky to get a place in the lovely biergarden, where a nice local couple didn´t mind sharing their table with me. Locals as well as the staff were very nice.

Having been standing at a fair all day, I had built up quite an appetite and the reviews all stated "big portions"! I opted for the Large Brauhaus Schnitzel with fries instead of potatoe salad. The lady at my table overheard me, smiled and said "good luck!" The waiters were super busy and presented me with the potatoe salad instead of my ordered fries. I did not make a mention of it, had I done so I´m sure they would´ve changed it, but it smelled exquisite and could not wait to tuck into the monster schnitzel presented in front of me.

The crumbs used for the crust was, as it also says on the menu, homemade from pretzels which gave a really good crunch. Now I´m a fairly big eater, but this meal required focus and intensity, along with 1L of the very delicious Weißenbier they had on offer. When asked for dessert I had to surrender and say no.

If you are in the neighbourhood, go there and see for yourself, I hope to be back one day as well. Prices are cheap compared to the quality of the food.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

I have been visiting Fuerth for the last three years. The first time we went to Gruner was in 2015. I love schnitzel and the best schnitzel I had before was in Vienna (of course). I love it so much that I ordered the big schnitzel of Gruner. I was advised by the waitress that it was really, really big. I said it was no problem for me. When she served the schnitzel, I was really surprised since it was not a big one, but a gigantic one! They also serve the half (in fact, regular) size which is still very big. Anyway. Even it was a gigantic one, I managed to finish it. The schnitzel they serve is truly delicious and better than any you can have in Vienna. Gruner is in fact mainly a beer brewery and should be famous for its beers however the schnitzel they make is their trademark and the place should call itself Gruner Schnitzel House. Whomever to I recommended the place and schnitzel told the same thing.Other food is also very good and the prices are also very reasonable for such quality.

Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Be prepared for the biggest schnitzel you’ve seen in Town!

Good choice of “pub style” food.....in a traditional setting

Live music on weekends, check the web site for details

Reviewed 11 October 2017

food was delicious I had the sauerbraten and my wife loved the schnitzel portion a huges and great price impeccable service and love that Gruner beer one of the best I have had.
would definitely return.