We drove in at night and were treated to a gorgeous view of the lighted castles. The hotel is in the most convenient location to view the two castles.
Upon check in (after 9 pm) we were delighted to learn that the hotel would order the tickets for us and we could pick them up in the morning!
The hotel was clean and cute, but the rooms could have be nicer. Although, this is most likely a one night stay for most people so I suppose the room does not need to be a luxury one.
We did sleep with the window open since it was a bit warmer than we expected and we could hear occasional conversations as people walked by.
**Note, we were there on a Friday in September and they hold concerts in Neuschwanstein on Friday and Saturday nights. We were too late to attend, but it would be worth going back for.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Muller lies at the end of the “Romantic Road” through Germany, right beneath Hohenschwangau Castle, the childhood and youth residence of King Ludwig II, his “poetic retreat”. It makes the ideal base for day trips to the surrounding area. One possible excursion is the “Castle Tour”: Linderhof – Herrenchiemsee – Nymphenburg. Or you could get to know the Pfaffenwinkel, which literally means “priests’ corner”, with its ancient testimonies to church architecture, such as St. Coloman, the Pilgrimage Church of Wies, Ettal Abbey, the pilgrimage churches of Andechs, Rottenbuch, and Altenstadt, and many more. Or visit the idyllic nearby villages: Fussen, with its historical old town; Oberammergau, famous for its passion play, or the world-famous winter sports villages of Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Oberstdorf, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Agoda, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Mueller reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Akzent Hotel Hohenschwangau
- Hotel Mueller Hohenschwangau, Germany - Bavaria