We stayed for 2 nights in December. What a great location for a visit to the Castles. If your arriving by train, it's easy to get to Hotel Müller. There is a bus outside the train station that will take you to Hohenschwangau, and from there it is a few minutes walk to the Hotel. Quiet area at night, not many choices to eat dinner at, but you could always eat dinner at the Hotel. We did both nights and found it pleasant. To Hohenschwangau castle, the path is right behind the Hotel. About a 10 minute walk. To Neuschwanstein castle it is about a 50 minute walk up hill or you can take a carriage. The carriage line forms outside Hotel Müller. We stayed in a room facing the front road which became very noisy in the morning from Tourists lining up. The room was quite comfortable. Breakfast while standard, but good and plentiful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Muller lies at the end of the “Romantic Road” through Germany, right beneath Hohenschwangau Castle, the childhood and youth residence of King Ludwig II, his “poetic retreat”. It makes the ideal base for day trips to the surrounding area. One possible excursion is the “Castle Tour”: Linderhof – Herrenchiemsee – Nymphenburg. Or you could get to know the Pfaffenwinkel, which literally means “priests’ corner”, with its ancient testimonies to church architecture, such as St. Coloman, the Pilgrimage Church of Wies, Ettal Abbey, the pilgrimage churches of Andechs, Rottenbuch, and Altenstadt, and many more. Or visit the idyllic nearby villages: Fussen, with its historical old town; Oberammergau, famous for its passion play, or the world-famous winter sports villages of Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Oberstdorf, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Mueller reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Akzent Hotel Hohenschwangau
- Hotel Mueller Hohenschwangau, Germany - Bavaria