The location of this hotel is just at the base of where the two castles are. There are only probably 4 hotels ( might be wrong ) at the base and hotel muller got to be the best. They offer free parking which is a bonus as most places can charge up to 2 euros am hour and there is a horse carriage stop just outside the hotel entrance.
You can get the hotel staff to purchase the tickets to the castle on your behalf rather than waiting in line for the tickets. By the way, the ticket counter is just outside of the hotel too. There won't be any places open for dinner so be sure to make dinner reservations at the hotel. Food was good.
Breakfast comes with the price you pay for the room. Standard German breakfast.
The staff all spoke good English and was ever ready to assist. We had a welcome plate full of delicious cookies at our room which we thought was quite nice.
The rooms are newly renovated but still kept the feel of houses like during king Ludwig which was nice. We stayed in room 37 which was unique as we had our own walk way before reaching our main room. The bed room is separated from the walk in wardrobe and toilet. The bed was comfortable and everything was just perfect. The smell of wood was really nice too.
Basic hotel amenities provided but you may need to bring your own shampoo and conditioner as those were not provided. Only liquid soap.
Our room also faced one of the castle which was so amazing as we could still see the castle at night and early when we woke up. Our room was at the side of the main road so we were not awoken by any Main Street noises or buses or cars or people walking. So that was great!
The price paid is abit on a steep side but if you are looking for quality and convenience and a once in a life time experience, then you have to stay at Hotel Muller.
It's like staying in a fairy tale.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Muller lies at the end of the “Romantic Road” through Germany, right beneath Hohenschwangau Castle, the childhood and youth residence of King Ludwig II, his “poetic retreat”. It makes the ideal base for day trips to the surrounding area. One possible excursion is the “Castle Tour”: Linderhof – Herrenchiemsee – Nymphenburg. Or you could get to know the Pfaffenwinkel, which literally means “priests’ corner”, with its ancient testimonies to church architecture, such as St. Coloman, the Pilgrimage Church of Wies, Ettal Abbey, the pilgrimage churches of Andechs, Rottenbuch, and Altenstadt, and many more. Or visit the idyllic nearby villages: Fussen, with its historical old town; Oberammergau, famous for its passion play, or the world-famous winter sports villages of Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Oberstdorf, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Priceline, Agoda, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Hotel Mueller reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Akzent Hotel Hohenschwangau
- Hotel Mueller Hohenschwangau, Germany - Bavaria