This hotel is just what you want when you're visiting the area. A 3-4 star hotel, on the main street, with both castles in walking distance, and a very short walk to the lake. The restaurant in the hotel has great food with a lovely view of the castle. It's not particularly ambient however it's not too different from every other restaurant on the street.
Rooms are quiet, spacious, beds are comfortable and, as a lovely touch, we had Easter Eggs in our room on arrival.
Can't fault the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Muller lies at the end of the “Romantic Road” through Germany, right beneath Hohenschwangau Castle, the childhood and youth residence of King Ludwig II, his “poetic retreat”. It makes the ideal base for day trips to the surrounding area. One possible excursion is the “Castle Tour”: Linderhof – Herrenchiemsee – Nymphenburg. Or you could get to know the Pfaffenwinkel, which literally means “priests’ corner”, with its ancient testimonies to church architecture, such as St. Coloman, the Pilgrimage Church of Wies, Ettal Abbey, the pilgrimage churches of Andechs, Rottenbuch, and Altenstadt, and many more. Or visit the idyllic nearby villages: Fussen, with its historical old town; Oberammergau, famous for its passion play, or the world-famous winter sports villages of Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Oberstdorf, etc. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Odigeo, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Hotel Mueller reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Akzent Hotel Hohenschwangau
- Hotel Mueller Hohenschwangau, Germany - Bavaria