“Boutique hotel but AGES away from the city”

AZIMUT Hotel Munich
Ranked #279 of 389 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 31 July 2012

Stayed here in January 2011 for one night. The hotel is really lovely but it is very far away (40 minutes) from the city centre. The place is really new and clean and is similar to a boutique hotel and breakfast was nice but if you are a tourist without a car it would be a disaster to stay here.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 18 July 2012

4 days in amazing Munich and 3 nights in this so-so hotel. It was a mistake to try saving money by booking cheap hotel in the suburb - we spent too much money for bus tickets and taxi. The stuff did't seem to be very helpful. And the room was so small that I could hardly find a place to put my luggage.
At the same time the room was clean and well equipped. May be the location is ok for people who travel by car. I arrived to Munich by car, the way from city highways to the hotel is simple and comfortable. But there's bad news again! The hotel's parking is too expensive while the street near the hotel is too small :(

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Valentina I
Reviewed 22 June 2012

We had booked a double room for one night in March. We arrived late at night and just wanted to go to bed quickly. When we entered the room we found only one pillow, one blanket and only one set of towels. Obviously the room had been prepared for single occupancy only. So I went down to the reception an explained the guy that there has been a mistake, and that we booked a double room but the room was not prepared for two people. The receptionist immediately offered me the keys to another room which I thought would solve the problem. When we entered our new room we found that it was quite a large suite but it only had two single beds and not a double bed as we had booked it. So again I went down to reception and told the guy I just want a normal double room with enough bedclothes for two people. At this point he seemed quite annoyed and told me that I should have said it in the first place if I need extra blankets and pillows. I think he never understood that there was actually something missing in the room to be a double. He just thought I am a very demanding guest requesting something extraordinary. We finally moved back to the room that was initially assigned to us and a few minutes later he brought the missing stuff, not without making it clear that this is normally not his job and that he is doing us a favour.

The room itself was modern but a bit small.I remember in the morning it was a bit noisy because it was facing the inner yard and you could hear cars arriving and leaving. The breakfast we had there was quite good and the restaurant staff was friendly.

Apart from the problems we had with the room, which hopefully does not happen to anyone else, the hotel is not too bad. It seems to be more for business people as it was quite empty on the weekend we were there. Also, I have to say that the location is not too great. It is far from the city centre and there seems to be not much going on in the surrounding area. However, we chose it because it can be reached quite easily from the airport either by S-Bahn or by car.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Eugene K
Reviewed 21 June 2012

Rooms were basic,no restaurant, no room service ,not even one chanel in English or in any other language on Television, no chops around. The hotel was very clean and the staff were fantastic , helpful and even ordering my take away foods in german.In the morning when we went after hour for breakfast because of time difference we were still allowed in ( the breakfast was nice) .
Overall It would have been fine if I did not have to pay every day 34 euro for the taxi to come and go to the center

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank lionesse61
Reviewed 20 June 2012

This hotel is housed in one of the ugliest buildings you will ever see. The lobby is ok. The staff at the reception competent, polite and helpful. But that's where it ends. The rooms are bizarre, huge but with marks on the walls, 2 small single beds placed more than 1 meter apart, but nailed to the wall so not chance you could move them together, no minibar just an empty fridge, wi-fi was not working, had to use the cable, the bar was not serving any food despite the ads in the elevators. But where they got it truly and amazingly wrong was the breakfast. Many things depleted but not replaced, terrible coffee, and extremely untidy and deserted. For whatever reason they did not clean after guests left rather they would show up and wipe a table when a new guest arrived. Honestly walking into that breakfast room that morning I could not believe my eyes...

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank jkomis
Reviewed 20 June 2012

I stayed at this hotel as part of an organised tour throughout Europe & this was the nicest place we stayed by far. The room & bathroom were spacious, clean & modern. We did only stay for one night but for a reasonable price I would certainly return.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aussie-Traveller598
Reviewed 7 June 2012

After reading some reviews We totally disagree booked well in advance for champions league how lucky!!! arrived at the hotel and the staff were very welcoming to us. If you made the effort to be polite as we did, everything we asked about directions, buses trains, the information was given and more.The hotel is very clean with our room cleaned daily and towels changed. had breakfast outside the patio area and you wanted something else they were happy to do it for you.location to the by bus and then tram to the centre only takes about 20mins totally enjoyed our stay munich helpfulness and hosptality i can only say THANKYOU. Rita in the restuarant thanks to you too, you made us laugh keep smiling.Azimut hotel staff look forward to coming back.

Room Tip: 4th floor room 415 great views