Leonardo Hotel & Residence Munich
US$266
US$121
US$110
  • Pool
Hotel an der Oper(Munich)
US$198
US$173
Hotel Website
US$316
US$206
US$189
  • Breakfast included
Novotel Munich Airport(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$142
US$133
Travelocity
1,319 results
All reviewssmall kitchenetteu bahn stationcity centremini kitchenlaundry rooma quiet residential areapleasant staybusiness tripchoose this hotelmetro stopstaff at receptionhotel is greatdouble bedhotel is locatedbreakfast was excellentcomfortable roomper day
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Excellent breakfast, nice spacious and quiet room.
It is located 2 min walk from the U Bahn, which is 4 stops from the mIn station and the city center.
Internet prices are high and not worthy, due to the slow speed. I would expect free wifi, which I find very common nowadays.
The parking, breakfast and internet additional costs make the stay a bit expensive to my taste.
Anyway, good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank eylsgv
Reviewed 30 September 2013

We booked here to save a little $$ for Oktoberfest. The hotel is located a block away from the U2-Herzogstrandstrasse stop; it took about 15 minutes total to get to Oktoberfest (5 stops back to the City Center and 1 stop on a different line). I thought the staff was very nice (especially those working the bar at night). Our room was on the 5th floor with windows facing a courtyard; we had three people staying in the room that included a double bed and a mattress laid out on the couch/sitting area. The room was very clean; it appeared to have been rennovated within the last year or so. The beds were too firm for my taste, but that's just a personal preference. We never ate at the hotel, so I'm not sure what the price/quality was for breakfast, etc. Our only real complaint was the price for wi-fi (I think it was somewhere along the line of 15 euro a night!). We didn't order it and just used a communal computer in the lobby that was free to use. Considering we were there for Oktoberfest, the hotel $$ was very reasonable. Overall, I would stay at this hotel again and recommend it to others. Also note there's a really nice pub down the block from the hotel (near the Metro). The pub had Paulaner pilsner on draught and the owner speaks English. The food was very good, but it's just a small pub so don't expect a ton of options. The pub is cash only.

A thing to note about Munich itself - we had the hardest time finding vendors who took credit anywhere in the city! Most only took German credit cards, so be advised that you might have to stop by an ATM if you didn't bring enough cash with you.

The people we encountered were very nice! Everyone seemed to have a great time at Oktoberfest and we didn't witness any hostilities at any of the tents or on the grounds. Munich is a great place to visit and everyone should try out Oktoberfest!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with windows facing the courtyard to minimize noise from the street. A fantastic thing about European hotels is that all the windows open, so you can get a nice breeze in the room.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 3 nights with my family during the Oktoberfest, first night was a big disappointment as the ground floor room was too small for the three of us, it felt like overcrowded prison cell, they took all furniture to make space for three single beds. I asked for another room on the first night, but I was told no rooms available, and I asked again another person in the morning who offered me a better room. their breakfast is very good and restaurant staff are friendly. the reception area along with the ground floor are very noisy. hotel location is outside of city centre but easily accessible by U line. reception staff are mostly hopeful and efficient but not all of them. on my third day, they didn't replace the used glasses with clean ones and when I told front desk, the guy told me it was normal and I should wash my glasses by myself, that was unacceptable.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 September 2013 via mobile

First of all I would like to tell about breakfasts, because there are a lot of negative reviews about it. I found that there are two rooms in the breakfast zone and in the first room there are only some fruits and other light dishes, but on the next room there is typical European breakfast. So there are no problems with it. The hotel is located only 4 stations away from city centre. Great place to stay in Munich.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank AlexeyMitskevych
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I was a little worried before arriving as I had seen quite a few negative comments on this site. Check-in, though, was efficient and the room was comfortable. I agree that the charge for the internet was pretty high. That said, you still have to pay for WiFi in a lot of hotels and choosing the premium internet option here at least guaranteed a good, fast connection.
Very comfortable was the lounge downstairs with free internet access and coffee, pastries and newspapers & magazines that you can help yourself to. That was a nice surprise.
The room was quiet and I got a good night's sleep.
All fine until......the breakfast!! I found the staff pretty sullen - not unfriendly, just sullen. The tables were not cleared, cleaned and made up again which meant I had to get my own cutlery. Coffee I had to ask for twice. The previous reviewer wrote about a hot breakfast. Was that really the same hotel? There was no cooked breakfast when I was there and even no bread (yes, correct: no bread!), just pastries and croissants.
I wouldn't mind staying at the hotel again but there is no way that I would ever pay to have breakfast here again!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business