“Ok for the price.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #90 of 381 Hotels in Munich
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Ok for the price.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Myself and my husband have just returned from 5 nights in munich. We went to see Sound Garden and Black Sabbath at Konigplatze. Wow what a venue, and an awesome gig.

The hotel was is a good location to catch Uban or Tram. 3 MIN Walk away, and so easy to find away around.
No air com - and was quite warm in the evening. Quite busy outside hotel as it is placed in a residential area. Plus the World Cup is on.
The local restaurant's where great value for money a totally recommend for the evening. The best food locally. 5 mins walk. And a must to go to the local ice cream shop in the area. There was so much to do once you got on the Uban, and the best way to get round.

The rooms where clean and the shower was great. No bath. TV in room with fridge and safe and kettle and hair dryer. Trouser press. Breakfast was really good and a self help buffet was a real must as it set us both up each day, and really didn't need much to eat through the day until evening. Arrange of hams and cheese and breads and eggs sausages lots of. Breakfast was good, and in all for the reasonable priced hotel we would use it again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maxine R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Tulsa, Oklahoma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Munich was going through a heat wave. This hotel didn't have air conditioning or fans. For most of the year this is probably fine. First night stay had us over a smoking area. Smoke came in through our window which we had to leave open to stay cool. We were moved the next day with no questions asked. WiFi wasn't free and 4G service on blah.de is horrible in the area.

Room Tip: Use this hotel in the spring or fall when heat is not a problem.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Lisbon, Portugal
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

I visited the hotel in May 2014. I was in Munich for leisure and visiting some friends. I selected Leoonardo hotel. The good thing is the fact that it is near a metro station, it has spacy rooms and the personnel in the reception are always ready to help you. On the bad side, the hotel is noisy, you hear people going around the corridors when you sleep, it is very expensive for what it offers and for its location. Breakfast, parking and WIFI (!) are separate costs, and the rooms are not entirely clean. At least in my room there were few parts (bathroom, corners etc.) that the cleanliness was not adequate. I wouldn't recommend this hotel for sure.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Claudio D
Yoram B, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Leonardo Hotel & Residence Munich, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Claudio,
first of all I want to thank you for your comments.
There are different possibilities to make your booking, you can for example book the business package, then you have both breakfast and internet included.
Regarding the cleanliness we have had a meeting with our staff. I promise, that we took care espacially for those points you mentioned.
I would be happy if you contact me directly next time you come to Munich, so I can make a special offer.
Sunny regards,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

Very nice hotel with friendly staff in quiet area of Munich. Clean and well equipped rooms. Underground station with U-bahn line (U3) to city center about 100 meters from the hotel. Reasonable prices. Only paid internet access in the hotel. I heartily recommend this hotel and I will stay there when I will be next time in Munich.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Piacenza, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2014

I've been in this hotel for 2 nights during a business travel.
The Hotel is located in a very convenient position both for the access to the Office and to the City center. I also appreciated the opportunity to have a walk in a very quiet area in the morning before starting the business day.
Breakfast offered a really large set of choiches and the quality was quite good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Small room

No air conditioning (32 Celsius in June).

Extra charge for wifi, breakfast and parking.

Corridors smell funny (Guests cook spicy food in their rooms).

Neigborhood is kind of depressing, a little creepy at night.

Front desk clerks neither friendly nor helpful.

Located far from city center, but near a subway station

Stayed June 2014
Yoram B, Leiter Gästebetreuung at Leonardo Hotel & Residence Munich, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Uwe,

thank you for your feedback. Following I would like to comment some points:
- yes, it is correct, that we don't have any air condition.
- wifi can be used free of charge at our two computers in our lobby, which stand there for our guests. also there is the posibility to join our loyality club AdvantageCLUB, the internet is included then and it is free of charge for you.
- we are happy that we can offer kitchenettes in our rooms. what our guests are cooking, we can not affect. Of course we can react in that moment we are informed by you - please inform us directly do avoid such a situation.
- normally we are getting positive feedback of our neigborhood. It is a nice living area with a small park and many restaurants. If you have any specific case, please let me know directly, as this is very interesting for us.
- our Front Office staff is teached to be both helpful and friendly. After reading your comment, of course we made a meeting to support this really important subject. Thank you for your support!
- it is correct that we are not located at Marienplatz or Stachus, but the center is only 10 minutes away from this hotel. At your next stay maybe our Leonardo Hotel Munich City Center would be better located for you.
Just contact me the next time you travel to Munich - we will find the best hotel for you, as we have many Leonardo Hotels in Munich and all with different priorities.
Kind regards,
Killarney, Ireland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I had reserved a room online for three people. We rang ahead the week prior to our visit to confirm and everything was in order. When we arrived we were told they did not accommodate three people per room, even though this was what we had reserved and later confirmed by phone. There was no acknowledgment or appreciation of our immense disappointment and frustration and we were transported to their sister hotel. I insisted this wasn't acceptable as I was travelling with my mother, and picked that hotel purely because of it's location. We were so badly treated by literally every member of staff,despite average rooms and hygiene, I would strongly recommend people avoid this establishment at all costs.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Mary C
Dear Mary,
thank you for your very important comment - for us.
Actually I would love to know which exactly reservation you had, so I can check this case very carefully.
I am sorry for all inconveniences you had and would be happy if you could contact me directly to clearyfy this situation.
Hope to hear from you soon and which you a great summer.
Sunny regards