A&o Munchen Hauptbahnhof
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Jedermann Hotel(Munich)
Arthotel Munich(Munich)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewswatch tvthe room was niceensuitebathmarienplatzhauptbanhof
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 January 2013 via mobile

I stayed here with two friends as part of a eurotrip and unfortunately we had to book a room for four in order to have a private room, which meant paying for four people. I decided this would be ok because i had stayed in a and o in other cities and was always impressed. We also needed the ideal location next to the station for onward trips.

Overall i did not feel we got any value for money at this hotel as the room was quite small and had a noisy tram running past it outside, which would wake us up until it stopped running for the night.There was also a funny smell in the place, and there was little room for three of us in the room let alone if there would have the normal occupancy of four.

The breakfast and other drinks and snacks were overpriced especially as we had paid so much for our room, so luckily there were bakeries and other things nearby instead. This is a pity as there is an attempt to create a communal atmosphere with the seating area downstairs but i did not want to pay so much to sit and drink there.

My positives however are the convenient location, the staff were friendly and the place was clean enough. In the end this is an ok place to stay but the price did not reflect the standard of the room and this is why i i am unable to give it a better rating.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 24 December 2012

I'm not sure why they get such a bad rap. I stayed here in July 2012 and I had the cutest double room on the sixth floor. My own full bath & mini TV..balcony. My room was kept very clean by the staff. Perhaps it's the hostel folk who are not appreciating this place? Breakfast, well wasn't anything to write home about but I ate and was full each day. The staff was friendly and helped me do some city navigating. I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Try and secure a room away from the main entrance it's quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 December 2012

This was quite simply the worst hostel I have ever been to. I was on a university tripos wasn't expecting the best but not this.when we got in there were some drunk boys who swore at us so we went to bed. The next morning I was expecting some decent breakfast but came to no coffee and just bread and salami. The next night I was sleeping on the top bunk of my look alike prison bunk bed when the hinge came out onto my freind below so I slept on the floor. After that me and my friends checked out and left early. Over all avoid and I possible don't go, thanks for reading.

Room Tip: Higher rooms away from traffic
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Jessie T
AO_Support, Leiter Gästebetreuung at A&o Munchen Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2013

Dear Jessie,

thanks for your review. We deeply apologise for the experience you've had in our hotel.

We cannot foresee our guests' behaviour towards other guests but it seems you have really gotten a bad first start. Unfortunately, we have only seen your review now. Otherwise, we would have immediately asked for the room number to check the bunk bed you were talking about.

In such a case, simply go to the front desk and ask for another room (or even an upgrade) and we would get it fixed right away. There is no reason for you to sleep in the floor.

Many apologies once again.

Kind regards,

Your A&O Support Team

Reviewed 20 November 2012

Well the place might be good if you can be totally quiet, and it is not allowed to be any where after 10 (outside on the hotel ground, balcony). we were 2 guys out side smoking, and then 4 security guys knock on the door. They sound intimidating and said they where going to throw us out if they got another reason. This hotel is terribel!!
No one should go here, the rooms & beds are very bad, im 18 years and even i get a bad back from the beds... We are here right now on a student trip whit an avg. age of 17-18.
I do not know if they have all the same ruels at the A&O hotels, but the one in munchen should be closed for good.
Do not belive me? Go to facebook and send a messenger to Kristian bork wunderlich from Denmark,

Room Tip: Just find another hotel, it would make be happy to see it close.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 November 2012

I really appreciated good location close to the train station, but I think that is all.
Breakfast very poor, receptionist at the check in put me in a room for smokers, even though I told him Im non smoker. The room was very smelly I went down to reception and only after shouting I got a non smoking room. Apparently they are trying to put the guests in smoking rooms first, as I was told by many colleagues that they have experienced the same.

Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business