“Convenient location and very good service”
Review of Vi Vadi Hotel

Vi Vadi Hotel
Ranked #127 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

I spent 3 nights at Vi Vadi hotel. I enjoyed my stay very much. The staff is extremely helpful and went of their way to help.

The rooms are very comfortable and clean.

The restaurant downstairs serves authentic exquisite Italian food and it is also the place where breakfast is served. Breakfast is awesome ..tasty croissants along with an open buffet of cold cuts, eggs, Italian and German cheeses, tomatoes, cereals, ..etc

The location is ideal as it is only a 5 minute walk from & to the train station.

The Internet connection is a bit intermittent however not really a big issue.

A minor drawback is the noise coming out from the busy street. However again not a big issue.

Definitely my next choice whenever I will return to Munich. Highly recommended.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Vi Vadi Hotel

Reviewed 23 July 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights mid-July. We are budget travellers and we weren't expecting luxury.
The room itself was large - a large bathroom, kitchenette area and a good sized bedroom. There are lots of amenities such as a fridge, safety deposit box, desk and a fan.

We dined at the Italian restaurant attached to the hotel and the food was fantastic - would def recommend!

The hotel also has washing machines and dryers in the basement that you can hire (remember your washing powder) for a small 2euro fee each. We used these as we were travelling around Europe.

The hotel is located on a very busy Main Street. You have the choice of opening your window and not being able to sleep due to noise or closing your window and not being able to sleep due to the heat! The fan was useless and just pushed hot air around the room. This would be an excellent hotel in the winter time but I would definitely not return in the summer. Even as a budget traveller I would choose somewhere a little quieter so as I could open a window!

Room Tip: Don't stay in the summer and ask for a room not facing onto the Main Street.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Smsox
Reviewed 21 July 2014

I had a sleepless friday night in one of the rooms facing the Marsstraße. Although the room was increadibly hot (south side in summer) we couldn't open the windows because of all the noise on the street (cars and tons of drunk people). Even being closed the windows didn't provide sufficient isolation from the riot.
Another room we changed to for the next night had a little kitchen. However, it was unusable due to a leck of pans and the fridge was buzzing. To compensate this, the rooms bed was only 1,40m.
The rooms were nice an clean. However, given the circumstances we ddin't enjoy our stay.

Room Tip: Definitely chhose a room to the back on weekends (if you're disturbed by cars: anytime).
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank foluca
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We arrived in Munich 3 days earlier than when our tour was scheduled to start to explore on our own. We booked 3 nights at Vi Vida. The hotel staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They helped us understand how the trains worked so that we were able to get around easily. The train station is about a 7 min walk from the hotel, so very easy access. The room itself was small and the bathroom extremely small. There was no place to put all the bathroom "stuff". This is a very basic hotel so if you're looking for luxuries, this is not the place to stay. Also, there is no a/c so the windows are kept open which allows flys to come in. But I found this was the norm in Germany.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I was prepared to be underwhelmed by this hotel but I found it to be friendly, clean, understated and full of nice surprises. Like, for example, the kitchenette in my room and the surprisingly cheap room service from the Italian restaurant attached to the hotel. The food was excellent and with no mark-up from the regular menu. This strikes me as a true traveller's/backpacker's hotel with everything you would need, including front desk staff who look like they have just come off the road themselves, and set their back pack down for a minute. They know you need food, WIFI, laundry ... and are friendly and helpful. The only downside is that I found the door locks a bit weird and I was never sure if I had actually locked my door. I did finally sort it out but it was a bit fiddly to figure out.

Do not stay here if you need "fancy". I don't happen to need "fancy" - I need clean, serviceable and safe. I wish I'd had this hotel in all my stops across Europe this trip. For me, it was perfect.

In the 'hood: The Hauptbahnhof (main train station) is very close by and has tons of great food. It is attached to a shopping centre that has about everything you'd need. I needed a standard North American style drug store (i.e. a Shopper's Drug Mart for Canadians or Walgreen's, I guess, for Americans) and the equivalent is Mueller's, at the bottom of one of the escalators in the Hauptbahnhof. Perfect. Coffee Fellows is like Starbucks in terms of expense and quality. You can get an "ok" coffee for a fraction of the price at Yorba's in the Hauptbahnhof. Also great sandwiches, pizza, pastries and many other great travel foods.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank REAL-EAC-35
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights during the week days with my wife and 10 yo boy. Our room was at he back on the sixth floor and was pretty quiet. We came by car and parked it across the street in a multilevel parking with 10 euros per 24 hours (only half the normal charge, especially for hotel quests).
The room is fairly big and has a kitchenette but the bathroom is a little too small with the fan not working. But for a 3 star hotel the standard was met.
We ate the breakfast at the hotel's restaurant. Every morning they played pop Italian music and the serving lady sometimes sang along and she sang pretty good.
The staff was very friendly, especially frau Sarah Knapp and also frau Claudia Rödel, frau Birgit and Martin Schugmann. They appreciated when we spoke a little german and are german-learning friendly.
We didn't see Sammy the dog :-(

Room Tip: Our room was at sixth floor at the back and was quiet enough.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Florian_Catalin
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Our week long stay during the Prix Jeunesse International Children's Television Festival was very comfortable and at the same time affordable at Vi Vadi Hotel Munich. We three participants from Bangladesh and many others from different countries stayed together and , enjoyed our time. The hotel is only five minutes walk from the Prix Jeunesse venue and very close to central rail station. I liked to stay at my fourth floor room, it was clean and spacious enough for free movement. In the morning I enjoyed sunshine lying on my bed. The lift was under renovation and it was a bit difficult to reach my room at fourth floor. The hotel authority compensated this inconvenience with 'Free Mini Bar'! The buffet breakfast was also quite enjoyable with the lady kept on singing an unknown tune while serving or cleaning the tables. Everybody present in the front desk were friendly and helpful. Our stay in Vi Vadi Hotel, Munich was really a memorable one. There is every possibility of coming back to stay here. .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business