“Really nice hotel, good location”
Review of Vi Vadi Hotel

Vi Vadi Hotel
Ranked #130 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 2 December 2009

Just spent 2 nights at this hotel and found it great. The reception and public areas are a bit dated but the room was great. Very comfortable bed, nice t.v.(though only one english channel , bbc news) There is a little kitchenette which would be great is if you were staying for linger. No kettle though. Just around the corner from the train station. Under ground runs from there also. Nice walk down the main shopping street to the Marienplatz. Very nice hotel for a reasonable price and in a good location.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Vi Vadi Hotel

Reviewed 3 November 2009

At first sight, it's an unusual space distribution, for the reception desk, lobby and restaurant, but the rooms are spacious, with a kitchen and confortable bed.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2009

We booked our two double room street view rooms for family of four through Expedia when it was on sale 50% off in April, 2009. The hotel location is perfect, very close to the main train station and a walking distance to a beautiful downtown. The staff at the hotel was very nice, friendly and spoke English very well. The manager gave us one street view and one garden view room. The garden view room is a little bigger and much nicer. It seems that someone smoked in the street view room. It's better to get a garden view for a few more dollars. Both rooms have a working kitchen and a small refrigerator. The free breakfast right next door was the best one during our first trip to Europe. There is a good supermarket near by but close on Sunday. The train station is huge, clean and has many places to eat. Yes, we will stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 October 2009

Hotel is about a block and a half away from the Hauptbahnhof/Central Station in Munich. Stayed here for three nights by myself. Front desk staff was very nice and helpful. Their breakfast buffet was okay. Honestly, after the second time eating their breakfast buffet, I kind of got tired of it - don't get me wrong, it's not bad, just not what I would like to eat every single morning. When I went, they had croissants, different types of rolls (with butter, cream cheese, jam/spreads), thinly sliced hams and salamis, slices of cheese, fruit salad, cereal + milk, coffee, 3-4 different types of juices. I didn't eat at their restaurant for Italian food at night so I can't describe anything in regards to that, only that it seemed to be packed when I passed by it so it must be pretty good.

Room had a double size bed and honestly I thought the room itself was a bit small for the price I paid, but being that this was in the central Munich area, I wasn't really surprised about that. Also, I stayed here right before the start of Oktoberfest so understandably, the hotel rates were probably double than usual.

I liked that the room had a little kitchenette, complete with sink, utensils, stove-top, microwave, mini-fridge - those things really came in handy. Bathroom was small and came with a tiny tub with showerhead, and a blow dryer was provided along with some toiletries. To adjust the temperature of the water, you turn these knobs that were on the wall right above the toilet, not in the actual shower area, which was a bit strange. Bathroom area could have been designed a little better, but I can't complain as the area was spotless.

One of the main reasons why I chose this hotel was because of their complimentary wireless internet access. However, it didn’t work the first night I spent at the hotel and the next morning, even after numerous attempts, so that was a bit disappointing. It was from my 2nd night on that I was able to connect and it was fine after that.

Checking out was easy and staff was very nice and wished me a safe trip home. The one thing I remember that I had difficulty with, was trying to open my hotel room door. You have to turn the key and hold it so that it's sideways and then push - not turn the key all the way around so it was vertical, like I was doing. Also, you need to use the key again to lock/open once you're inside your room. My suggestion would be that electronic key cards should be implemented here in the future. Other than that, everything about the hotel was good.

Would I stay here again? Unless there's another hotel in central Munich that offers free internet access and a room with a kitchenette for a better price! When I had checked for hotels in Munich on the web, this was the the only one I could find that provided the aforementioned. But honestly, if I ever go to Munich again, I'd most likely try to find a different hotel, just for the experience of staying at another hotel and so I would know how other hotels are like in the area. However, I would definitely recommend Vi Vadi to anyone who is looking for a hotel in central Munich - it's definitely worth staying at!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank Kahanalei
Reviewed 8 September 2009

I stayed on the garden-view side and was impressed how quiet the room was. We arrived about 22:10 and the reception was still open. Since we arrived so late and left the next morning, we were allowed to park at the hotel entrance for free. The staff are very friendly and the location is good, hence, I will definitely stay there on my next visit!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DanRoadBike
Reviewed 8 September 2009

I stayed at ViVadi for 6 nights and I was so happy with my hotel selection. This hotel is located just blocks from Munich's central train station and a comfortable 15 minute walk from Marienplatz. My room was clean, with a comfortable bed, flat screen tv, and a kitchen! It was close to everything without being in the hustle of the hostel area. Breakfast was included which was quite impressive --fresh breads, sliced meats and cheeses, fruit, yogurt--everything to start the day with energy. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone travelling to Munich.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
1  Thank gracie0411
Reviewed 4 September 2009

I was very impressed with this hotel. I got a great deal on Expedia.co.uk and I feel that this hotel was well worth the price. The hotel and rooms were very clean and nicely decorated. The bathroom was a bit small but nothing to worry about. I paid the little bit extra for a garden view room and while the garden was more of a car park I would recommend paying this extra as it was much quieter than my friend's street view room. There is no air-con in the rooms but the staff were very happy to provide a fan on request. The breakfast in the Italian restaurant next door was very nice although I was a bit disappointed when I actually went for dinner in the restaurant.

There was also free wi fi in the room which was pretty handy.

I would recommend travelling a little further to the Park Cafe in the park behind the big O sculpture at the bottom of the street. It was amazing and it appears that this is where the Germans go which is a good sign!

We hired a car which we actually picked up from across the street from the hotel which was very handy. We drove to Dachau, Salzburg, Neuschwanstein castle and Berchtesgaden. It was very easy to drive with the sat nav and was much cheaper than paying for tours to these places individually.

We also did the bus tour of Munich which was very disappointing. There was about 5 minutes of German and then a sentence in English. Alot of what we saw passed without comment. That was until we did the Third Reich walking tour which pointed out more in 1 hour than the whole day on the bus! I would highly recommend the walking tour.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends