“great location awful customer service”
Review of Vi Vadi Hotel

Vi Vadi Hotel
Ranked #128 of 383 Hotels in Munich
“great location awful customer service”
Reviewed 18 July 2010

Stayed six nights July 2010, great location, good access to U-bahn and trams, very clean. Awful customer service, unfriendly, not bothered when we had issues or questions. We had room at back (the more expensive) worth it in the very wam weather as shaded in the afternoon and wonderful to have balcony.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Zurich
Reviewed 17 July 2010

All rooms, except the ones with single bed, have a small kitchen with dishes which can be very useful. The rooms are clean and have a nice design. The hotel is one block away from the main train station, 5 min walking.

The elevator didn't work and the lady at the reception carried our luggage to the third floor by herself. We had a small issue with the public parking in front of the hotel. We paid 20 Euros for 24 hours, instead of 10 Euros for hotel guests, because the parking office was closed on Sunday. Finally, the hotel reimbursed us the 10 Euros.

Alll in all, we would go back.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 5 July 2010

Our room was on the 7th floor and the elevator was not working the entire 3 nights we stayed here. In addition, the 7th floor rooms have loft bedrooms... no air conditioning and too noisy with windows open. 85 degrees in loft with windows open in 75 degree weather - too hot to sleep. Requested a fan, but it was never delivered.

That aside, it is a good location - close to the train station and feels very safe. Staff was very helpful and accommodating - carried my luggage up to my room since the elevator was out.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Theresa610
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 July 2010

I stayed at the Vi Vadi Hotel several times while on business in Germany and would definitely recommend it. The staff are friendly and very helpful, the location is easy to walk to from the train station, and the generous restaurant breakfast included made it an excellent value. The rooms also have desks and free wi-fi which makes it a very convenient place to stay if you have work to do. It was clean and comfortable. The staff were fantastic and very honest. After I checked out I realized that I had accidentally left my camera in the room. When I went back several hours later to ask about it the staff immediately recognized me and pulled it out to give to me before I had even had the chance to ask. This is the only place I would stay if I went back to Munich. The Italian restaurant next door is excellent for lunch.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled on business
Lund, Sweden
Reviewed 22 June 2010

Friendly staff that spoke much better English than my German. Large, comfortable and clean room. Breakfast in their own restaurant next door - both Italian style and continental. Room was on the warm side, so I had to have the windows open during the night, but even if the room was on the street side, it was surprisingly silent during the night. Just a few minutes from the central station where you can get to everywhere. I would not hesitate to book again next time I go to Munich.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Greenwich, Connecticut
Reviewed 17 June 2010

The location of the hotel is the main reason to stay here. You're close to Haptbanhof, the central train station. We took the S-bahn from the airport to Haptbanhof, and it was like a 4 minute walk to the hotel. Easy. You can walk to Marienplatz and the many historic sites there. I would say the area felt pretty safe, even when we were walking to the hotel late one night.

Even with the good location, the hotel is pretty quiet. One night our room was over the street (but still not loud) and the other night was over a courtyard.

As for the room, it wasn't huge, but it was fine and clean. Our first time staying there was only bath gel in the bathroom, no shampoo or conditioner (but those items were there on our second stay). I don't think there was an iron. There was an alarm clock. THere is no air conditioning (as is the case in much of the city), and unfortunatley our first night was VERY hot, so they brought us a fan, which actually made a big difference.

Of the 3 people at the front desk I talked to, 2 of them were very helpful. The other one couldn't even suggest a place for dinner!

Our package included breakfast, which i felt was a good value. There was eggs, sausage, rolls, yogurt, coffee & juice, cheese, cereal... really, everything you could want.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 2 June 2010

I recently extended a business trip while in Germany and ventured over to Munich for a few days. As a woman traveling alone on a tight budget, I feel as if I found my home in this city. My room was basic but clean with added bonuses of a kitchenette and new modern-look furnishings.

Most importantly, I felt very safe. The hotel is located only a few blocks away from the main train station - which is especially important if you are arriving at night to an unfamiliar city because other hotels in the area looked a bit sketchy - and a short walk from everything else. The 2 women who were at the desk were friendly and provided a lot of ideas for sight seeing. Everyone spoke English.

The hallways and elevators needed some attention, but for the price, I felt I could over look that. My stay was wonderful, and I'll be back.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled solo