a&o Munchen Hackerbrucke
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Arthotel Munich(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$148
US$140
  • Restaurant
Hotel an der Oper(Munich)
US$237
US$213
Hotel Website
US$162
US$141
  • Restaurant
Leonardo Hotel & Residence Munich(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$110
US$107
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 September 2013

Stayed here for three days in the first week of the 2013 Oktoberfest. Having read the other reviews I was expecting something akin to Alkatraz.

I only saw one fly in reception which was disappointing as I quite like flies. The doors were open so I expected a lot more, but perhaps the lateness of the season accounted for the lack. I didn't see any other insects, although I was informed that there was a suicidal invisible wasp in the bathroom. The room was clean and didn't smell. The bathroom was also clean with no smells (apart from after it had been used by a fellow traveller) and had the bonus of a magical moving mirror with a strange deep hole behind it. None of us fancied a trip to Narnia however so we just put it back. If you are the adventuring type though, you may well find a whole new dimension to your stay.

The staff were very accommodating and friendly, although there was a strange moustachio'd Chinese fellow who I presume was a cleaner as he kept telling one of our group not to be so disgusting as he had just cleaned. Not sure what that was about but maybe just a language barrier.

The wi-fi I didn't get to try, but there were a significant amount of people in the lobby spending hours staring into their phones. I just enjoyed not being in contact with anyone for a few days, after all I was on holiday.

Location was also good. It was about a 10 minute walk to/from the Weisn and there is a supermarket, cafe and a Subway nearby. I don't recall any issues occurring during our stay, but then again I didn't tend to recall much after eight or nine steins so I may not be the best person to ask.

If you are looking for a place to crash whilst experiencing the delights of Munich during Oktoberfest then I'd say this isn't a bad place to go. If you are looking for something with a bit of luxury then look elsewhere.

Room Tip: I'd probably avoid the ground floor if possible as lots of people seem to want to congregate in the lobby. Maybe the moustachio'd Chinese fellow had a little monkey boy with him that performed tricks but I couldn't see anything as I rushed past to the little cafe over the road.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank MisterJaim
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The hostel in general was dirty, for example there are a lot of flies in the lobby that sit on you while you use the internet. The bathroom of my room smelled of pie and the drain of the tube did not work properly, so my feet stayed under water while i showered. You can see every where that the tables sinks, toilets and stuff were either not cleaned or barely cleaned.
I checked in at 10:00 and said I needed sheets, which they provide for 3 euros. I arrived at 22:00 and there were still no clean sheets for me, I had to wait until 23:00 for them to come out of the dryer.
They also advertise the hostel as a family friendly on, that only means that poor people traveling with unwell behaved kids will stay here and make a mess.
People don't tend to stay at the lobby drinking and talking like other hostels, so if you want to meet people, that is not the place at all
This is a very good hostel if you want a place to go to the Oktoberfest and crash drunk afterwards.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Bett_Rossi
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Stayed here in August 2013 with four friends. As students we weren't expecting anything special but for €162 we were certainly expecting more that we got! For starters, the 6bed room resembled a prison, the set of 3bunk beds took up the majority of the dark and dingy room we were placed in (13) leaving little space for luggage etc. Secondly, the room backed onto possibly the busiest intersection in the whole of Munich, making sleeping impossible. Thirdly, every time we flushed the toilet the smell of raw sewage came flooding into the entire room, making the experience yet more enjoyable. To top it all of the staff were exceedingly unhelpful and borderline rude. Would not recommend this hotel to a tramp.

Room Tip: Stay at the nice looking hotel opposite
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Ollie S
AO_Support, Leiter Gästebetreuung at a&o Munchen Hackerbrucke, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear Ollie,

thank you very much for your feedback!

We are very sorry that you were not happy with your room and the surroundings at A&O Hackerbrücke.

Please send us your room or booking number to feedback@hostels.com. We would like to check the room and bathroom. But we're afraid that there is no room with the number 13.

We hope you appreciate our efforts and look forward to welcoming you again at A&O HOTELS and HOSTELS.

You A&O Support Team

Reviewed 22 August 2013

Bed were uncomfortable and the bathrooms weren't clean. The clerks were accommodating to our wishes of booking with other travellers. The free wifi in the lobby was unaccessible. Twenty or so guests were trying to access the wifi and all having trouble no matter the time of day. The hostel was a far walk from the train station, take the metro if possible. Beer Garden close by, book reservations for table and meal ahead. Other restaurants nearby were unimpressive.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
AO_Support, Leiter Gästebetreuung at a&o Munchen Hackerbrucke, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Hello ,

thank you very much for your feedback!

Your comments are highly appreciated, as we are constantly striving to improve our services and meet our guests’ expectations.

We are very sorry that you encountered problems during your stay at the A&O Munich Hackerbrücke.

We herewith apologize for the unsatisfactory cleaning you experienced in your room and bathroom during your stay.
At A&O, we place a great emphasis on cleanliness, so the rooms are cleaned on a daily basis.
The irregular cleaning was reported to our external cleaning company and we will continue to monitor this issue, to ensure that it will not occur again.

Your A&O Support Team

Reviewed 20 August 2013

We were 2 and we booked in a room for 6 people. When we went to the room the smell was disgusting. There was a guy inside i think drunk. The balcon was full of bottles and garbage. Although the balcony door was opened, the stinky smell was so strrong that we asked for another room. Fortunately the girl at the reception was cool and she moved to a new room that was completely another thing. I do not agree with the fee for the sheets that one should pay but anyway, it must be a little bit more the people who let them in.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Cristian,

thank you very much for your feedback!

Unfortunately it is possible that there occur problems with other guests from the dormitory rooms-

In this case our receptionists are always happy to help you and get a new room if necessary.

We hope you were happy with the room change and had a pleasant stay in Munich despite your negative first impression.

You A&O Support Team