“Average During Oktoberfest”
Review of Litty's Hotel

Litty's Hotel
Ranked #255 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 30 September 2013 via mobile

My friends and I went for oktoberfest on a more popular weekend and stayed at litty's. The prices were steep (but fairly consistent to similar hotels in the area) and they are very strict about how many people could stay in each room. The wifi is free but only worked in the hotel lobby and first floor. Our room was very clean and the staff was very helpful. The hotel definitely caters to English-speaking guests. We were less than a 10 minute walk away from the parade grounds and the outside noise was minimal. I would never have paid the amount of money we did under any other circumstances than Oktoberfest.

There are newer reviews for Litty's Hotel

Reviewed 8 September 2013

Litty's provided a clean quiet room for the night. It's in a seedy area, but we never felt unsafe. Breakfast was good. The rooms are set up so there is one bathroom per 3-4 rooms, and 1 shower room per floor. We didn't have issues waiting during our stay though. Overall I was surprised as the reviews are mixed, but it was a comfortable place to stay and good value.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Brad C
Reviewed 5 August 2013

we stayed in this hotel , nothing great but it was a good room .there is no restaurant only break fast is served .yeah it is close to marienplatz and the station but you should , if you want to reach on your own should know the exact location other wise nobys ready to help . i didn't like the people surrounding the place was full of arabic food joints and and was not a very comfy atmosphere at night .breakfast was good nothing great but value for money

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 August 2013

I was quite suprised with this hotel as there have been some mixed reviews. For the price you pay, it is absolutely fine. Personally I'd rather have cheaper acommodation so I can spend more in the city!
It was about 15-20 minute walk to Marienplatz, and about 10 to the train station.

We were forced to arrive into Munich a day earlier than planned, and luckily they had a spare room, for a good price too. Breakfast was included and had bread rolls, cold meats, egg, yoghurt, juice and hot drinks.

The room was comfortable and quite big for Europe. There was a basin in the room and we shared the bathroom with about 3 other rooms. It was kept clean and the only mess left was from other guests - this unfortunately is down to the luck of who you'll be sharing with.
Our room window was directly next to the lit up sign outside, so the room stayed very bright throughout the night.

One negative was that they did not change our towels for the whole time we were there (5 nights!) We should have mentioned something and I'm sure they would have.

I'd stay here again for the price.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 August 2013

I was expecting a hostel reading the description of Litty's, and although it had a very hostel-like feel downstairs, it was much nicer than any hostel I've ever been in. The staff was nice and helpful in storing bags and providing maps of the city, breakfast was delicious, and the rooms were clean and spacious. There's a reason that Litty's is booked solid for months! You do get what you pay for, though, and it wasn't rich by way of amenities. Wifi was only available downstairs and we got no English channels on the TV. It's also in a sketchier neighborhood, and I would have felt uncomfortable walking around at night by myself. It's a bit of a walk to the city center, although only about five minutes from the main train station (and a U-Bahn station). I felt comfortable and, indeed, cozy the entire time I was there, and it was great value for the money. I absolutely would stay there again the next time I come to Munich.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2013

The website says that the hotel is cheap and cosy and it certainly likes up to that. My wife and I turned up a the hotel two hours earlier than the advertised check in time hoping to drop our bags off, but were informed by the friendly person on reception that our room was ready and that we could have it straight away which was a bonus. Our on-suite room was comfortable and had everything we need for our short stay. The breakfast was typical continental style that more than filled us up for the start of the day. I also enjoyed the local area that is multi-cultural and offers lots of cheap eating options. The hotel is also very handy for the main railway station and its also an easy walk to most of the main tourist areas.
Hotel Litty is not a five star hotel and certainly doesn't claim to be but it does offer great value for money, it also has extremely friendly staff who always seem to have time for their customers.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I can't imagine why Mary from Wisconsin only gave this "cheap and cosy" little jewel 3 stars. The owner is *always* smiling and helpful. The rooms are actually largish for center-city, inexpensive, European hotels. That partially stems from the fact that the toilet and shower rooms are in the hallway and shared with the other 10 people on your floor. That gave me a moment's pause when I checked in (I had forgotten the fact since I booked this weeks ago), but it has been zero trouble. The shower is significantly larger and better than most I've endured over here, and my bedroom didn't get all steamy.
We are a mere 2 blocks from the Hauptbahnhof and U Bahn, and there is a very nice bakery across the street to the left.
I can imagine many of the other hotels near here are a bit seedy; this one is not.
I'm glad I did my TripAdvisor research before booking!

Stayed: June 2013