“An oasis in the heart of Munich”
Review of Bed in Munich

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Munich
Bed in Munich
Ranked #22 of 74 Speciality Lodging in Munich
Munich, Germany
“An oasis in the heart of Munich”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

After a healthy climb to the fifth floor, an oasis awaits you, with spectacular views of the Alte Pinakothek or a tree-filled garden in the back. The Team serves a delicious breakfast and is always helpful and friendly. Two tram lines and a bus line are a few steps away, making this the perfect launching point for exploring Munich.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Elizabeth R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Montgomery
Reviewed 21 January 2013

My room was on the top floor where there is NO bathroom or even a sink available. So if you need water for anything like the bathroom, shower, wash your hands, brush your teeth...you have to go down a floor. And if that one bathroom is occupied?...good luck...From all I can tell that bathroom is shared by all three(?) top floor rooms and at least one room a floor down. The bathroom / shower situation was my pet peeve. I met Peter and Gilles the first day only and they were friendly enough. Possibly the downstairs rooms have a better situation, but I'm not staying there again. The location is superb though, so the bathroom situation is fine with you, this would be a great place to stay a night or two.

Room Tip: Make sure you are ok where the bathroom is located in relationship to your room.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank MunichFan
tampa
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My husband, 12 year old daughter, 10 month old son and I stayed at 'bed in munich' for 3 nights. We shared a small room that had a cozy small apartment feel and a great view. It was a perfect place to sleep at night and have a hot shower and a quick breakfast in the morning before heading out to explore Munich. The location of the B & B is ideal- a tram stops right near that takes you to the bus station and the subway line, but the best is that it is within walking distance to the city center. We had the best time relaxing at near-by outdoor beer gardens, and they tend to offer a delicious selection of food as well as brew. I suggest renting bikes (we found Mike's Bikes, and the staff was amazing!) and riding through the city on the expansive bike roadways- this city is the most pedestrian/bike friendly city I have ever seen! Be sure to check out any of the bakeries and load up on fresh sandwiches, pastries and goodies to munch on in the park after your bike ride!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank DannyCappy
London
Reviewed 9 June 2011

Our stay here didn't get off to the best of starts. We arrived at the building to get no answer when pressing the buzzer. Now, we were later than I had originally said in an email 3 months previously. As it was a nice day the owners had decided to go out. I had no contact number for them so had to find a place with internet so I could get their number. When they came back to the apartment they said that we shouldn't expect them to stay in. As we were late maybe not, but at least put a note on the door. Rant over!

There are several rooms/apartments owned by the couple, all 5th floor and above, no lift. We had the kitchen/diner part of an apartment which had a low bed in it. Bathroom was shared with another room. I know it is only a B & B but why have a kitchen in somewhere you'll only be staying for a night or two. No Wifi here, it appears the owners have it but don't want to let their guests use it.

Breakfast was nice and plentiful. All in all the place is ok but don't get too excited. Bus 100 stops near the hotel that will take you to the Hauptbahnhof.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LondonRichard
Pisa, Italy
Reviewed 30 March 2011

Dear Peter, dear Gilles, it was a GREAT job!! it was so nice to stay at your Bed and Breakfast. It felt just like coming home.
And what else is to say: The rates are very affordable ! I would difinitely recommend this place to others.

I shared a bath with other guests which was no problem. Although the B&B was fully booked it was all quiet. Thank you for being extremly helpful and friendly.

Hope to see you again soon ! Angela from Italy

• Stayed March 2011, travelled solo
12 Thank Dolcein
Paris, France
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I Stayed a week with my gilrfriend in this lovely bed and breakfast by peter and gilles. we had shower with toilet just outside room. Spotless room, good hot shower & very comfortable. A very good view from my room to a park near "old pinakothek", one of the highlights for a munich-visitor. We had Yummy breakfast with great coffee. The room is located very central, only 5 min. to the center, tramway just in front of the house. Streets on each end of Theresienstraße can be a bit loud & crowded, but, not any issues, just young people out having a good time. Overall, great place to stay. I think anyone would be comfortable here.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
10 Thank europe12_12
Geneva, Switzerland
Reviewed 26 January 2011

The bathroom was clean, the room extremely tiny, a little noisy and smelly. Still, it's ok. However, don't expect them to be welcoming, friendly or anything. I had the feeling that only money matters.
First, I inadvertently payed 200 Euro instead of 100 Euro, which the guy didn't return. (I absolutely know this, as I use a different wallet for euro cash). I know it's my fault, but in a B&B I would expect a little more courtesy, as they are supposed to be particularly friendly. Also, I changed my reservation from three to two nights. According to the agency's website a fee of 5 Euro is charged in this case. Still, the guy charged me 10 Euro even if another guest arrived the same day. I don't think I'm going to stay there again. Look around and you'll find something better.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
4 Thank pucca_1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munich
das Hotel in Munchen
#8 of 9 in Garching bei Munchen
Hotel Carlton Astoria
Hotel Carlton Astoria
#225 of 383 in Munich

Been to Bed in Munich? Share your experiences!