Beim Sedlmayr
Cuisines: German, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Really enjoyed the food and the Bavarian ambience. The British in me resented sharing a table with strangers, especially as we had our 5 year old with us who was being a bit winey (moaning, not on the booze!). Still the food was fantastic and really reasonable. Bravo Germany!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

Came here on the recommendation of a resident, the restaurant isn't much to look at and the service for us was fine, the food however was a triumph. I ordered the pork with crackling and dumpling and it was excellent, perfectly executed and delicious.

The restaurant isn't easy to find but if you do, you're in for a treat.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

I came here by myself for dinner on recommendation of Monocle 25-25. It was a great Bavarian experience! The atmosphere is very joyous. Waiters are attentive and fast. The tables are square and it is expected that you share with strangers (which is kinda great if you are by yourself and can talk to randoms). The food I think is very nice. I think this must be authentic Bavarian fare as it was packed with happy German people!

Reviewed 17 September 2013

This came highly recommended by out hotel 'the best authentic Barvarian food in Munich'. The food lived up to it's reputation and we had a great set of table mates. The waitress missed the mark, unless authentic meant brusque and argumentative. The other couple of our table had issues in trying to settle the bill - just getting denominations straight. It took us 3 tries to get her to take our order. These ladies do hustle - only saw 2 of them covering the whole place - which is kind of interesting to watch. Authentic - yes, good food - yes, service - expect it to be efficient and cool.

1  Thank chutski
Reviewed 26 May 2013

If you like Bavarian food and you want truly original dishes and atmosphere Beim Sedlmayr is your place. I love Andechser am Dom and their food is great but Sedlmayr has more local colour, I think. It is noisy, always packed and service rough and cordial at the same time. We had Kalbsbraten, veal heart, and Kaiserschmarrn - all exceptional. They caramelise the Kaiserschmarrn an I find that a great idea. The veal heart was grilled to perfection. Service is swift but be prepared for ordering your drinks when the waitresses come: they don't have time for you to linger of your choice. Ask for tips what to eat and you will be guided to the right choice.

1  Thank Matt_Dina