“Always a good place to return to”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Beim Sedlmayr

Beim Sedlmayr
Ranked #470 of 3,682 Restaurants in Munich
Price range: US$7 - US$26
Cuisines: German, European, Central European, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Drachselsried, Bayerischer Wald
“Always a good place to return to”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

When we visit Munich, one of our favourite places is the insider place Beim Sedlmayr. Just off the Munich Viktualienmarkt.

My favourite is the Sauer Leber, but there is a range of meals to suit most tastes. Beer prices are typical for Munich

• Visited July 2014

Bangkok, Thailand
“There is no excuse for rudeness”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I had posted my last review on this restaurant in January 2012. Being originally from Munich, the Sedlmayer has a special place in my heart. I happened to be in Munich on business , and the decision was to of course have a nice leg of pork at Sedlmayers. I am a walk-in customer, its early 7pm, many tables were empty and reserved for time frames 08.00 onwards. On my first attempt .I was rudely told that the restaurant is full ...even though I said I will just have sausage and be out within less than an hour.

I said to myself ..well ..she had a bad day ..and I came back 2 days later; this time another waitress more or less told me the same thing...in just the same rude tone.

Its obvious that the management has lost control of its staff, and has lost sight of its role as an inner-city restaurant and the responsibilities it such carries.

I did get my meals, in well-known restaurants nearby, full house but friendly and professional service .

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Michael P
Alberta
“Good food, but service seemed to vary with different wait staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

We arrived in the early part of dinner service, and managed to find a seat at a table without a reserved sign on it. There was a German menu on the table, so we used it to make our selections. No English menu was offered.

While we were in the restaurant we watched the waitress in a different section move about 3 sets of people that sat down at an unreserved table to different tables in her area, before finally leaving the last fellow that arrived at the table. As we arrived we saw 3 people leave with out ordering with very uncomfortable looks on their faces after a discussion with that waitress. (not sure if this has something to do with the uneven reviews this place has or not) Our service as quick and pleasant, I gave it a very good rating. If we had been in the other section it might have been quite a different result.

The chicken breast fillet with the potato/cucumber salad was good, as was the Dunkel beer. Dining here will not take long unless you are into having more than one beer. We found this place as we had wandered down a less busy street to get away from some of the crowds you find in the touristy areas of Munich.

• Visited May 2014
York, United Kingdom
“Great Food, traditional bavarian”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Recommended by a local businessman when looking for somewhere to eat. Traditional fare, only a couple of english menus. More of a local eaterie, soak up the atmosphere. Be prepared to share a table. Hardly any tourists visit this place. Off the tourist trail.

“Good Food, and traditional bavarian.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Recommended by a local businessman, when we were looking for somewhere to eat. Full of locals, so be prepared for few or no tourists. Only a couple of menus in English. Be prepared to share tables. Good food and drink and a great atmosphere.

Visited May 2014