“Good location, don't ask too much of it” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of City Aparthotel Munich

City Aparthotel Munich
Ranked #251 of 381 Hotels in Munich
Morbegno, Lombardia, Italy
“Good location, don't ask too much of it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

We were able to check in only after 3pm, which caused a little discomfort. The little room was very noisy if you dared open the windows, being on the first floor and facing one of the most trafficked roads in Munich. However, the air conditioning was working and the location was very convenient, just a few steps to downtown Munich and all its bustling nightlife... overall, an attractive deal for a summer weekend in Munich.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Vienna, Austria
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

Have just stayed there for just one night but this was enough anyways. Have made a last Minute booking via booking.com. the Hotel is centrally located but this is the only positive Feature. I have requested a double room away from the Elevator and on a higher floor. Our first experience when we entered the check in area is that we werent even greeted by the receptionist. he just took our voucher and this was it. although he wished us later a nice stay. remember i asked for a room on a higher floor and away from the Elevator. Finally our room was on 2ndfloor even if 5 floor exist and opposite of the Elevator was our room. someone didnt read our request! the room itself was very spacious. as we had the room directly on the sonnenstrasse naturally it was very loud but the Windows have been pretty good so we didnt hear that much of a noise at night.

I have been to many Hotels in my life but what I have seen here was the worst I have seen. And believe me I have seen bad Hotels. The carpet was very dirty you could see signs of I really do not wanna think of and the rest of the room was also not very clean. For the rate of €87,-- it is not worth it at all. I will never recommend this Hotel at all! At the day of check out the cleaning Lady knocked at the door and wanted to come in although i had put the "do not disturb" sign out. Next Thing at 10:30am I had received a phonecall from the reception that at 11:00am i had to leave the room as it is check out time!!! Not in a friendly manner but in a very unpleasent manner. When we checked out I had to tell the female receptionist that I have never had such an awful experience with a Hotel and that 11:00am for check out time is not very guest friendly and the way you wanted to treat the guests is also not very nice. She replied to me in a rather unfriendly tone that some Hotel have already check out time at 10:00am???? She probably have never stayed in a Hotel before as my check out time in all the 30years I am on tour I never had check out times at 11:00 ams or 10:00 am. But anyways I will never recommend such a Hotel with such a Service!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gerhard r

Travellers are raving about these Munich hotels

Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2013

There is no resemblance of the room to the pictures on the website! The rooms are dark and dinghy. The staff is unfriendly and barely helpful. There is no guarantee that you will get the room you booked. If you want a hotel close to the city center, i suggest a hotel that's close to one of the other S-Bahn stations like Friesing. You will be less than 10 minutes away from the city center and far less cost!

Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2013

I had booked a suite for three people and on arrival we were 'upgraded' to a grand suite but unfortunately it was very disappointing. We were located not within the main building and had to go through two secured entrances through a side street to get to the suite, which was very strange. The suite itself was roomy as it had three bedrooms but the facilities were very run down. The massive security lock and two number secured entrances did make me question how safe the area was. We only stayed one night and it was fine for that but would have not liked to stay there any longer.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Southbourne
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

The hotel is in a convenient location, an easy walk to the city centre. We arrived at 8.00pm & were welcomed by a smiling receptionist, however the man who was to show us our room told us to wait while he chatted on his mobile phone! When we got to the room [the hotel is like a rabbit warren] it had not been cleaned, or the beds or towels changed. The receptionist was obliged to put us in the bar with a drink & clean the room herself.Thereafter it was cleaned each day.
We chose the hotel because of it's addition of a kitchen. The kitchen had a washing machine, cooker, fridge and microwave but was VERY poorly equipped otherwise with precious little in the way of utensils, pans etc or even a sink plug.
The room was small & not especially comfortable for relaxing in, although it was warm.There are no views.
The bathroom was fine, with an adequate shower and hot water, and enough towels.
There was a bar on the ground floor which was ok, with pleasant staff.
The hotel does seem to be occupied by middle eastern families, not a problem in itself, although some seem to be fairly 'long-term' & I wouldn't have thought it suitable for young children for any length of time [and there were quite a few children].

Room Tip: Don't!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2012

I stayed at this hotel after Octoberfest but during October. We paid about 75€/night which was higher than the advertised price on their building. When I asked about this they said it was for their most basic room but when i showed them that I had their most basic room they shrugged and said that I had already agreed to the price (this was at checkout). When I checked it, the receptionist was very cold and couldn't tell me about the Internet or where the nearest super market was (even though it was a hotel with a kitchenette, the nearest supermarket is underground inside the closest metro entrance). As others have mentioned, this hotel caters to the Arabic culture (most tv channels were in Arabic, most of the staff was/spoke Arabic, most guests were Arabic, most signs were in Arabic, etc) and they seem very biased against those who aren't Arabic. In the morning the cleaning ladies would start around 8am. They would slam doors, yell at each other from across the hall and overall be very loud. At night, between 12-1am my neighbors would arrive and put on their tv on a music channel very loud and yell to their neighbors from across the hall. I would asked them to close the door and turn the music down which they would but they did the same thing every night we were there. They also smoked in their room which wasn't allowed but when I complained to the reception nothing would happen. I got room 85 which had newer furniture and the maids did come in daily but it was clear they did the minimal work as a leaf remained in the floor the entire time we were there. We also didn't have a drying rack which we had asked for from the first day.

The hotel was about 5 mins from the train station and about 15 from town hall.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

Very unfriendly. Seems to be an immigrant social security hostel with kids paying in the car park. Rather basic furniture and facilities and overpriced for what you get. I'd pay more and go elsewhere next time.

Stayed August 2012, travelled on business