“Perfect Location for Business and Pleasure”

Motel One Muenchen-Sendl. Tor
Ranked #27 of 382 Hotels in Munich
Atlanta, Georgia
“Perfect Location for Business and Pleasure”
Reviewed 14 April 2013

The Motel-One is in the perfect location for getting to work and getting to the heart of the city center. As with all Motel-One properties, the staff is warm and friendly and the hotel decor is modern and esthetically pleasing. A note for American travelers - The rooms are small and do not have everything that you have come to expect from a property in the US. With that being said, the rooms are clean, the beds comfortable and the showers are nice and hot.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Germany
Reviewed 13 April 2013

In many ways this feels like a more expensive hotel than it is with unique and distinctive decor.
The main negative (and this will not prevent a return visit on my part) is that the rooms are small (though well organized). When we checked in we were told were being given of the bigger rooms. Let's just say I was surprised when I saw it and wouldn't want to stay in one of their smaller ones. Also to note: there are no phones in the rooms.
Now for the positive: The room was clean & attractive. The location is in Munich is great. I had a glass of the best red wine I've had in Germany in their lobby. The breakfast is completely worth the money - add it on!
Finally, my brother-in-law got separated from my husband at the Deutsches Museum...without a phone or map or knowing where he was staying (Motel One has multiple locations in Munich). The front desk was helpful when I made them aware of the situation and reassured me with the final comment of "He's a grown up". True : )
Ultimately we went to the Hofbrauhaus without him, thinking maybe he would head there as it was our known dinner location. I am still not certain if he asked them to or not, but the hotel called me shortly after we'd been seated at the restaurant to let me know he'd been "found". I really appreciated it. Shortly thereafter my husband met him in a known spot and we had our meal together.
If you are looking for reasonably priced accommodations with a fun atmosphere, this would be a good choice.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
London
Reviewed 8 April 2013

This hotel in the middle of Munich gives you 4 star quality on a 3 star budget. From the moment we walked in we felt welcomed. The staff were extremely helpful and got us checked in and out to see the sights in no time. If you want a massive hotel room this might not be for you but how much time are you really going to spend in the room when you are in a city such as Munich. It is a 5 minute walk to the centre of town and the culinary delights of the food market. This is your one stop shop for Munich visits.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 3 April 2013

It was my second stay at one of the Motel Ones. A safe choice. Excellent quality for the price you pay. This one has the best location as well. Very central. Good friendly staff, nice rooms, nice breakfast.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
ormskirk,lancashire
Reviewed 2 April 2013 via mobile

Stayed here with my partner before travelling onward by train to Venice. We stayed midweek for one night. When we checked in we got upgraded to one of the rooms on the top floor which had a small roof terrace with views over the snow covered centre of Munich. It is a business hotel so maybe we got upgraded because we were a couple on holiday, whatever the reason the room was great and the view even better.
Drinks are reasonable at the hotel bar- 5 euros for 2 Becks. Breakfast can get very busy between 730 and 830 with people with laptops. Outside of these times it was pretty quiet.
Munich was absolutely freezing when we got there but the hotel and our room was really well heated.
I'd stay here again if I am ever fortunate enough to vist Munich in the summer.

Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
San Bruno, California
Reviewed 24 March 2013

I stayed six nights here in December for my first trip to the Christmas markets and I can't recommend it enough. Wonderful staff, comfortable compact room, excellent breakfast, minutes from public transportation and an easy walk to everything, plenty of restaurants nearby, very safe location and a super price. Our room overlooked the courtyard and was very quiet. A great value all around.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Beryllos
Arad
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We stayed two nights in this hotel, last week. Let me tell you, it's a very nice hotel, with an amazing location, 40 m from the U bahn Sendlinger Tor Stop and 10 minutes by foot to Marienplatz. The rooms are rather small, like other guest said, but because they'r very simple but nicely decorated, you don't get claustrophobic. The rooms and the bathroom are spotless clean, the bed and the pillows are very comfortable and the tv has few english channels. Also, there are two music channels which for me is a plus, even though we didn't stay in the room too much. There is also free wi-fi, if you buy breakfast too.The lobby area of the hotel is sooo relaxing, especially at night. There is a tv in the wall with an image of a fireplace which gives a cosy feeling to the lounge. The breakfast is pretty consistent, you have loads to food to chose from.
All in all it was an excellent hotel with perfect location. I would definetely stay again here and would definetely recommend it to others.

Room Tip: We stayed in a room in the back which was very, very quiet. Don't know if the ones in the front...