1,724 results
All reviewsgreat locationrooms are smallminute walkhand soapmetro stationgreat showerwalking distancefree wifishort stayair conditioningcity breakvisiting munichchristmas marketold citynice breakfastcold cutsdouble room
Reviewed 28 February 2014

In Munich for business, but wanted to stay close to the center to enjoy the many cafes, restaurants and Marienplatz.

Modern but basic and clean hotel. Fair sized room, not extravagant, but you cannot beat the location.

Staff was very friendly and welcoming.

Room Tip: Parking is two bloacks away. Hotel has small parking and is full by 5pm. Best to park in the local massive underground parking. Street parking is chancy many parking meter maids waiting to give you a ticket.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sky61
SendlingerTor, Sales Manager at Motel One Muenchen-Sendl. Tor, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear valued guest,
thank you very much that you have found the time to comment your experience during your visit in our hotel. We are looking forward to welcome you as our guest again.
Kindly regards

Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

Just a minutes walk from the U bahn station, this hotel far exceeded our expectations!

After a slight problem when checking in (they ran out of key cards after being fully booked) we were treated to an excellent view of Munich for a fantastic price!

The rooms are small and would benefit from more coat hangers but they are decorated nicely and provide a nice base for you to see the sights Munich has to offer.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank TheEarlofLancashire
SendlingerTor, Sales Manager at Motel One Muenchen-Sendl. Tor, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Guest,
thank you for your positive comment at Tripadvisor. We hope that we can welcome you as our guest soonest possible.
Kindly regards from Munich

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I and my friend stayed there for three nights. Good location and All Staff is very friendly and helpful. Room was clean, quiet and cozy. Just a little disappointed when I requested double beds before I came but they arranged connecting twin beds which made us uncomfortable when sleeping. And they said no any double beds in hotel! Breakfast is so so but you have to pay extra for this. Should have more options specially is hot food.

Room Tip: Backside and far high way is best option.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Stayed for one night, as a stopover between train trips. At 84 euro/night, it was good value for it's location - far enough away from the sleazy area and hotels around the main railway station, but not too far, as it's right next to a U Bahn station, one stop away from the main Munich railway terminal. While it's in the budget category, it's nice, clean and new and was great for a short stay. The Italian restaurant across the road,Tarullo's, was excellent for authentic italian pizzas and pasta. Would definitely stay here again if coming to Munich and needing a budget option.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Firstly, I need to say that I am not a demanding person but this hotel was very very disappointing !
1) very rude and unprofessional staff who do not care if you have got any complaints and are not happy to deal with them to solve any problems. My partner came over and they charged us extra for his stay (fair enough) then when we asked if the room will be upgraded to a bigger room etc they said 'yes' and after 5 mins it turned out that by 'upgrade' they mean extra two towels ...?!? Which btw we never got and the dirty ones were never changed for clean ones.
2) they require a deposit for anything that you request : iron, adapter, charger, ironing board and the parking will cost you about 15 pounds to leave it overnight !
3) I sent an email with a few requirements that I had (due to the type of my stay) and kindly asked if this could be done. I was emailed back saying that it's not a problem and all will be ready at the arrival, which turned out the staff were not even aware of my email and pretended they never got it !
4) rooms as said already by a few people here are very very tiny. No wardrobe, 2 hangers, hardly any space to move around. After having seen a room I asked if I could get a bigger room and I do not mind paying extra ( I needed a proper desk for working and more space once my partner arrives) but have been told all the rooms are the same size and can't get anything bigger. When I was leaving my room early in the morning I saw the room across the hall which was twice as big as mine ..... So basically they just lied to me as they could not be bothered changing my room...
5) room overall really hot and even opening a window at night was not helping ...
Definitely not recommending this hotel to anybody ! If you can afford please find something else !

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank TravelPaul8
SRutschmann, Sales Manager at Motel One Muenchen-Sendl. Tor, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear revered guest,

thank you that you have found the time to value us at Tripadvisor.

We would like to ensure you, that our stuff enjoys regularly trainings in contact with our guests and complaint management.

We offer standard rates for single and double rooms, which are currently 69 Euro and 84 Euro, as well as supplements while trade fairs. Our rates are displayed on our homepage and you can also found this information on your booking confirmation.
It is common and Motel One standard, that we have to require a deposit for amenities such as charger or iron. Kindly we would like to remark, that this service is free of charge, as our guests hand back.

Our Motel One rooms have a standard size of approx. 16 sqm and are equipped with 6 hangers, reck for clothes and ventilation to regulate the temperature individually.
Further our house owns 3 business rooms, which are providing more space and separate shower/toilette. We are sure, that these rooms weren´t available while your stay in our property, according that our staff haven´t been able to offer a room change.

We would like to apologize for any disagreement and that we could not meet your demands. Despite we would appreciate to welcome you again in our hotel to convince you from our high standard of quality and service mind.

Kindly regards from the whole team of Motel One München-Sendlinger Tor