1,724 results
All reviewsgreat locationrooms are smallminute walkhand soapmetro stationgreat showerwalking distancefree wifishort stayair conditioningcity breakvisiting munichchristmas marketold citynice breakfastcold cutsdouble room
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I am writing this sat in the lobby and about to leave after spending 4 nights here. The hotel is central for all of Munich with the Sendlinger Tor U Bahn about 100 metres from the front door. The room (400) was large enough and overlooked a small square, there is no wardrobe as such but rails to hang everything which was fine.
The breakfast area does get busy at certain times but we never had to wait to be find a seat and there is also plenty of choices for both food and drinks. The staff were all very friendly and we're available to answer any queries and if I return to Munich would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 27jay
Reviewed 30 April 2014

My problem is not with the concept -- small rooms, no-frills except the important ones, low prices. I've previously stayed at Motel One in Leipzig and loved it.

Here, however, the staff are unempowered to fix problems and dismissive of them. I had two major problems with my stay:

1) The room is very cold and there is no heat in the room. I complained on the first morning, and nothing happened but I was given a second blanket. On the third morning, I complained again and was told that the entire building had been switched over to cooling instead of heat, and they couldn't switch the whole building back to heating because guests would complain it was too hot. This during a week when the nightly low is 7C/46F and the high is 17C/64F. So this makes no sense, because every room has its own thermostat, and the windows open, so anyone who was too hot could just turn off the heat or open the window, whereas I (with a very cold room) had no other option. They offered to give me a portable heater; we'll see if it arrives. (Why couldn't they give me that after the first complaint, rather than waiting two more days?)

2) The wifi is terribly, terribly slow, especially in the evening. When I complained, I was told to clear my cookies and cache. This is a totally unhelpful/false answer, perhaps intentionally misleading. I'm an engineer at a major internet company; I know what I'm talking about. I have three devices on two OSs; they work great at the office and anywhere else with enough bandwidth. The problem is clearly with the hotel's wifi system, which is overloaded (and often the DNS is unavailable too, meaning that nothing works at all for a few minutes at a time). They are two cheap to pay for proper uplink, and insinuate that it's their customers' fault for having too many cookies. This is misdirection at best and an outright lie at worst.

Otherwise: the room is small, but I knew that going in. The breakfast is plain/passable, probably not worth what they charge, but not a total ripoff. The location is very convenient to a major U-bahn station and a short (<10 minute) walk to the city center at Marienplatz. The front desk is understaffed, with only one person in the morning, leading to waits to talk to them.

My previous Motel One experience was great -- good staff, great location, good prices. This one was terrible. Avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 April 2014

I was in this hotel with my husband during the Christmas Market and we found it nice.

Positive points:
Comfortable, clean and with a great location. The metro station was just a few steps from the hotel, although you won't need it if you don't mind walking. Asamkirche, Sendlinger-Tor, Marienplatz, Frauenkirche....all of them are reachable by foot. For us it was even nicer to walk because, since we were there during the Christmas Market, we were walking to these places and enjoying the delicious bratwurst and glühwein that are sold on the cute and enlightened stands along the streets.

Negative points:
When we showered, water was leaking and inundating the whole bathroom.

Apart from this negative point, I didn't give the highest score because the breakfast was nothing special. Also, the price is more expensive than Ibis, but it's the same standard: not too simple, not too fancy, but well located, clean and comfortable. It's a good value for your money if you want to try something different from Ibis :)

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gabriela M
SendlingerTor, Sales Manager at Motel One Muenchen-Sendl. Tor, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Gabriela,
we would like to say thank your for your positive feedback. We hope that we can welcome you again at Motel One München Sendlinger Tor.
Kindly regards from Munich

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Great hotel! We stayed for 5 nights in total and could have stayed more.
The best thing is by far the location, throwing distance from sendlinger tor station, a quiet station with all major metro connections and tram stops. It's also close to a main street leading to the main city square.
The hotel itself is nice, great helpful reception staff.
The rooms are a god size and the bathrooms and shower is great. Our room had a good view of the city also. It also has a bust reception/bar area that does breakfast every morning. The only disappointment was no safe in the room, not sure if they have them in other rooms though.
Overall a great hotel in an excellent location

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Y2jericho

Dear valued guest, we would like to thank you for taking the time to write this review at Tripadvisor.
Kindly regards from Munich

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Stayed here for a week - this is a great hotel! The location is very good - the U-Bahn station and trams are very close so it's great for getting around. The room was very nice and we had a lovely city view. I would have liked to have had a safe in the room, but it wasn't a massive problem. We didn't have breakfast, it seemed pretty busy, but it wasn't a problem because there are 2 amazing bakeries within a minute or so walk. Would recommend!

Room Tip: Ask for a city view!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Absynthia

Dear Absynthia, we are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We are looking forward to welcome you as our guest again at Motel One München-Sendlinger Tor.