“Excellent Location”

Motel One Muenchen-Sendl. Tor
Ranked #24 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel in Munich's downtown has a wonderful location near to the main touristic attractions like Marienplatz, Viktualienmarket and restaurants. Besides, there is a metro as well as tram station only 3 minutes walking. The room is ordinary, simple and small, but clean and new. For those who desire to stay in a pleasant accomodation with a big and luxury room, pool, nice breakfast, this is not the right place, otherwise, if you´re looking for good location to explore Munich, price x benefit, comfort with simplicity, this is ideal. We booked with credit card, and then paid in cash during check-in (it was our choise).

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Motel One Muenchen-Sendl. Tor

Reviewed 4 August 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 3 nights. Hotel was spotless. The room was small but not an issue for us because we were out exploring Munich most of the time. There is free wifi available. The room was cleaned every day. We had a modern bathroom, with an amazing power shower!

The metro is right beside the hotel but you can explore the centre of Munich on foot very easily from the hotel. We got the metro when we went to the English gardens and when we were going to and from the airport!

Breakfast was not included, we ate there on our last morning. What we had was lovely - croissant, yogurt, juice - your usual selection at a continental breakfast buffet.

We enjoyed having a night cap in the hotel bar when we came home at night. Nice cocktails and the bar always had a bit of atmosphere in it. We also had toasted sandwiches when we came home one night and were hungry, which were very nice!
I would definitely recommend for a budget stay in Munich.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank KittyBeag
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed one night as a couple. Room was clean and comfortable, staff were very friendly and even let me use the phone for free, location was great for a walk around the city. Breakfast buffet was pretty good too. Perfect for what we needed.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank yannfriz
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Motel One is one of a chain of similar hotels and as such is not the place for an individual experience. Having said that, the quality is excellent throughout and is very good value for the price. We stayed for four days and found all of the staff that we encountered to be pleasant and helpful. The rooms are small but perfectly adequate and generally well equipped. Best of all is the location, a fifteen minute walk to Marienplatz in the centre of Munich and with tram and metro located immediately behind the hotel.
I would certainly recommend Motel One at Sendlinger Tor as a decent base for a few days in Munich

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Patrick101215
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I didn’t really enjoy my stay at this hotel. I found that some small things were missing and it put me off on my stay. The room was very basic and didn’t have a fridge or phone ( I found this to be very odd). we were only given one pillow each and when we asked for another the staff were quite rude, though the man that brought the items to the room was friendly. While we were there we my partner was ill and we needed to find a chemist and laundry. The staff were not very helpful with this and it made the stay quiet poor for us. Positives, the breakfast was nice and extended on the weekends and the location was wonderful! I fell in love with Munich and I will be traveling back there again and again.

Other negative with this hotel is there are a lot and I mean ALOT of elderly visiting this hotel. I think they were on a road trip together. This often mean a lot more waiting around at breakfast and for the lifts as people in their 80's are never in a rush! :D

Would only recommend this hotel for short stays where location is a priority.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor away from the lifts
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We arrived in the morning, we were able to check in right away. Parking at Hotel is very expensive like 15 Euro per day, we used a Parking Garage about 5 mins away for 6 Euro per day. Hotel is very modern, our room was nice, our view was of a Office bldg., who can see the employees working at their desks. Bed was comfortable, bathroom was modern, we had trouble keeping the water from the showerhead inside, the water kept running along the glass and tile onto the bathroom floor. Plenty of towels to soak it up. The Hotel is right by the Sendlinger Hotel, and u-bahn station. Marienplatz is 5-10 mins walking, plenty to see there. Shopping, Restaurant, Hof brau Haus, lots of Tourist, haha. Breakfast was really good at the Hotel, its the usual german food, rolls, meats, jams, egg, coffee, tea, juice. In the evening we sat outside in the court yard and had a drink and played a game. It was a really nice courtyard, its pretty.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Andrea0519
Reviewed 23 July 2014

VERY close to the old town square, restaurants, and public transportation. Very helpful staff. Small room but what I would expect at this price and location. No problems with street noice. I would definitely choose this location again if I returned to Munich.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room though it is not really in a noisy area
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joekg
SendlingerTor, Sales Manager at Motel One Muenchen-Sendl. Tor, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear valued guest,

thank your for your comment at Tripadvisor.
We are looking forward to welcome you again.

Kindly regards from Munich