Ibis Muenchen City West
US$218
US$160
US$117
  • Pool
KING's HOTEL Center(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$112
US$154
US$134
Hotel Website
  • Breakfast included
Vi Vadi Hotel(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$79
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Munich - Westpark(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$96
US$514
US$352
  • Pool
1,268 results
All reviewsunderground stationlidl supermarketfree wificlean roomspublic transportquiet areadecent sizedecent hotelshort stayexcellent locationbreakfast buffet isbusiness tripstopsoktoberfesteurostramlinks
Reviewed 27 November 2013

We stayed in a couple different IBIS budget hotels while traveling through Europe and I was happy with each and every one of them. The rooms were always clean and tidy, the breakfast was delicious and had a variety of offerings, the staff was informative, and the locations were all decent (although some were definitely better than others).
This particular IBIS had a very nice lounge area that doubled as a restaurant/bar. The food at the restaurant was good, but a little bit pricey. I often walked to the convenience store attached to the gas station right next door for a quick bite to eat just to save some money. This store also had a good selection of Ritter’s chocolate with a variety of flavors I had not seen before (just FYI).
The location of this was good, a bit removed from the city center but close enough to the metro that it was not a huge hindrance.
Wi-fi was free in the lobby but cost extra to be given access to inside the individual rooms, which was a bit frustrating. The wi-fi in the lobby was a bit spotty and its speed would greatly fluctuate based on the amount of people using it. On the bright side, it did force me to socialize a bit more, since I couldn’t hide up in my room if I needed the internet, so I did meet some very nice people in the lobby area.
Other than that, not much to report. This chain has been a solid and consistent example of good service, clean rooms and simple accommodations. I would recommend these hotels for anyone on a budget who does not want to sacrifice quality or run the risk of ending up in a less-than-welcoming neighborhood (sure many hostels would be cheaper, but you run the risk of staying in some potentially scary places!).

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I stayed here for two nights with friends. The hotel was easy to find and the car parking well priced. Check in was swift and easy. The room was a standard Ibis room, very clean and modern. We had a few drinks in the bar in the evening, and found breakfast to be good quality. There is an underground station right by the hotel so its easy to get into the city centre. You can buy tickets from reception, you just need to validate it at the station. There is a garage/petrol station next door if you need to buy snacks etc. Overall, a very good example of an Ibis.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Stayed here with my wife on a Rick Steves Germany, Austria, Switzerland tour which covered the cost of the room so I can't rate the value.

Room 114 was clean and comfortable for the one night we stayed here. It was one of the few doubles on our trip where the bedspread spanned the entire bed (instead of two single bedspreads).

I didn't interact with the front desk except to pick up our room key.

We did eat dinner at the hotel restaurant where the food was so-so. I ordered meatloaf and potato salad and what I got was something similar to a large slab of Spam & au gratin potatoes. I had to send the dish back because the meat was not warm in the middle. Once they re-heated it the meal was fine. The issue could have been a translation issue into English for the menu or regional tastes. The breakfast was quite good with a huge selection so no complaints there. And the beer was great like most of Germany.

The hotel location was good and only two subway stops from the Oktoberfest (which happened to be going on when we were there).

I'm not adding photos on this one since the existing customer photos seem to cover it pretty well.

Room Tip: This is one of those hotels where most of the rooms are exactly the same. Not much of a view from the windows either.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 November 2013

This hotel is a standard business hotel. With comfortable beds and wifi. I have no complaints about the place. It is well maintained. The location is a difficult one atleast for a new person like me.
The breakfast spread is great. And tastes wonderful.
All in all it was a great experience at Ibis. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2013

A typical Ibis - you know what you're going to get. Facilities seem quite new and the building was nice. There are two computers with printers in the lobby for guests to use, which was useful for us as we needed to print off our boarding passes. It's about 6 stops on the metro to Karlsplatz in the centre of town, which is not that far. However be aware that there is nothing around the hotel except for a service station and a bakery in the train station. Where the hotel lacks in location, it makes up in price! Would be a good spot if you have a car.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple