Eurostars Grand Central
US$141
US$191
US$167
  • Restaurant
Vi Vadi Hotel(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$153
US$122
Agoda.com
US$137
  • Breakfast included
KING's HOTEL Center(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$139
Hotel Website
US$160
US$144
  • Room Service
Holiday Inn Munich - Westpark(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$93
Agoda.com
1,546 results
All reviewstram stopaugustiner kellergreat hotelcity centrepool and saunas bahnmodern hotelminute walksmall gymfree wifimain stationtop floorpublic transportfour nightsspacious roomwould highly recommend this hotelconvenient location
Reviewed 27 October 2009

We stayed at this hotel from 24th Oct for four nights. It is a lovely place. Rooms fantastic and free wi fi a bonus. Fresh made breakfast included. We only paid £195 for a double room for 4 nights. Close to Hackerbrucke S bahn station so centre of city only a minute or two away if you dont want a 15 minute walk. Only critiscism is the heat. because it is the winter season the aircon is off. This new building is brilliantly insulated to the highest standard. Even without heating the rooms can get very warm at night and stuffy if you dont open the window. Then you can have a lot of street noise. I had to sleep on the bed out of the covers if window not opened, turning towel radiator off in bathroom helped.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2009

Firstly I have to admit to being very particular about hotels, having spent 2 years staying in them with work. I'm hard to please so to go as far as to write a review praising this hotel takes something. It had only been open a week when we stayed and I think my partner and I were the first people to use our room; certainly it had the feel of newness about it. The furnishings are modern and slightly minimilistic in a positive way. The multi-coloured glass between the bathroom and bedroom was a real focal point and fitted in very well. Our room on the 3rd floor wasn't huge but adequate.

The lobby and fittings outside the function rooms were only just being put up- I hope the signs to the toilets are now there as they took an age to find. Although I only had a quick look at the swimming pool it looked ok, though only small and the gym had little in it-presumably not the main selling points for most people. The staff behind recepion were pleasant, though one of the waitresses at breakfast was quite intimidating and pretty direct in a tutonic fashion.

The location is good; 5 minutes walk to the S-bahn/U-bahn either into town or direct to the airport. It's about a 20 min walk into Marienplatz but once past the train station there are lots of shops and distractions. Best of all, however, it is 2 mins to a great beer garden which we had to walk past every time we went into town. When I say 'past' it was usually 'through', with a very relaxing sitdown in the sunshine with a cold, very large beer. It is also close enough to walk to the Oktoberfest site.

Munich is a great city and this is a good hotel; not luxurious but funky rooms and a good location; and seeing as we only paid 40 euros a night for the room through Lastminute secret hotels I can't really compain anyway.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 October 2009

I would be exaggerating if I gave the hotel 5 stars, but I almost did, because of the very spatious rooms, which are designed with style and originality, providing very high comfort - probably the best I've stayed in. The hotel seems to be perfect all in all, but there are some 'edgy' things about it, really small ones, but still:

1) There is a slight problem they are having at reception - the staff obvuiously is not coping with the number of requests coming to them, but they are trying hard to behave professionally and for that I gave them credit. I personally was treated very well with all of my requests.

2) Gorgeous hotel in a slightly impersonal location, in a business district. The walking to the centre is not an option, takes 20 minutes and the road walk is not interesting at all. Transportation links are very good though - the subway stop is almost round the corner - 5 minutes, the tram in front of the hotel takes you almost to the centre.

3) Breakfast - I was suprised to see no vegetables at all. Otherwsie good enough.

Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 October 2009

this hotel is brand new and is one of the best i have ever stayed in.
good location for the ocktober fest and a fifteen minute walk to the town centre.
rooms were immaculate and very modern.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 October 2009

We stayed here during Oktoberfest for 2 nights. We payed 600 for the room and breakfast and an additional 18 euros per day for the underground parking.

The hotel was recently opened, which didn't seem like a problem until we had to interact with the staff. They were unfriendly, unaccommodating, and refused to honor our VAT form. They even brought out their accountant and manager who all acknowledge that they should honor the form, but they refused to do it because "The computer system is not capable of processing a reduced price". Needless to say, we were frustrated since this refusal cost us over 100 euros which we weren't expecting. We at least wanted them to be polite or apologetic about their problem, but they just said "NO", gave us mean looks, and walked away knowing that we couldn't cancel our reservation at that point. This was extra frustrating, because at the time we made the reservation, they told us we could use a VAT form.

This was a bad start for our trip, and we overheard multiple other guests arguing with the staff while we were in the lobby about other misleading price problems that the staff wouldn't fix...so we know it wasn't just us.

Other than the first impression, we really liked the hotel. The proximity to the fest was fantastic! All of our friends had to take public transportation back to their hotels, and we just walked 2 minutes past the train station and we were back. It was super convenient.

The rooms were awesome, and I really liked the bathroom! The hairdryer was a very good one, towels were huge and fluffy, and the flat screen made for good TV watching. breakfast had a lot to offer, and was very satisfying.

I would only stay here again if they were willing to except the VAT form, and if the prices weren't so steep. We got a great room, but we paid an arm and a leg for it.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends