“A spotlessly clean hotel, ideal for a city break”

Eurostars Grand Central
Ranked #43 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 21 March 2010

Myself & my partner have just returned back from a wonderful mini-break in Munich and the Eurostars Hotel was perfect for this purpose. Although it's about a 20 minute walk to the Aldstadt it's also a minute's walk from the local S-Bahn station, next to which there was a mini shopping complex with a supermarket, coffee bar, etc. It's also a couple of minutes walk up the road from the Augustiner Keller.

The room was exceptionally clean and we were both suprised at how much space we had. The bed was absolutely huge and extremely comfortable and we both had two very good nights sleep as a result. Although there was no bath in the bathroom, it was luxuriously decorated and I could have stayed in the shower all day, it was wonderful!

Again, breakfast was perfectly suited for our requirments, this was included in the room rate and was a buffet style affair. Whilst I would not have touched the hot food with a barge pole (it's not my sort of thing anyway), the cold meats, cheese and fruit were all very fresh and regularly replenished - particularly evident on the Saturday morning when the hotel was much busier.

Unfortunately we didn't get the chance to use the leisure facilities but we poked our head around the door on our last morning and both wished we had. The pool looked very inviting along with a jacuzzi and the sauna was a good size. The gym on the other hand was miniscule.

Whilst we did not require a lot of assistance during our stay, the staff were always more than helpful and very courteous, booking us a taxi on our first evening.

Overall, an excellent hotel which I imagine suits a huge variety of purposes. I wouldn't hesitate to return if I'm ever in Munich again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 January 2010

I stayed at this hotel during Oktoberfest 2009 and enjoyed its proximity to the grounds (about 10 mins walk). The U-Bahn station to the city center and beyond is even nearer.

Altogether I felt very comfortable at this hotel. Being newly renovated, it had that 'new hotel' smell :) and I found the rooms very spacious.

Also I'm a fan of modern design and this hotel didn't disappoint- it's got very cool lighting in the hallways, and neat design touches in the rooms, a cool semi-opaque glass divider between the bathroom and bedroom (so beware whom you share the room with!) a very comfortable bed and if you're facing the street, you can even open the windows to take in the views of the tram and morning commuters and fresh air in the morning.

The street was a little rowdy with Oktoberfest crowds but if you go any other time of the year this shouldn't a problem.

I also found the breakfast to be fantastic- lots of choice of foods and very helpful staff.

Oh I just remembered- the in-room WiFi was the only point of contention- the service was patchy, but they said they were working on it, so please check on that before you go if that's an important part of your stay!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank EZ_Voyager
Reviewed 28 December 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Eurostars in Munich in December 2009 during a visit to the Christmas markets. We had previously stayed at the Eurostars in Lisbon and enjoyed it very much, so decided to use the chain again. It was a good hotel-- comfortable room, standard amenities (though no bathtub), great breakfast spread, the pool and steam room were nice features. It didn't blow us away, but it was a good choice. We found the directions from the hotel website to find the hotel a bit confusing, so make sure you've got your own when you're arriving. We came on the S bahn and found that "go left out of the train station" didn't make much sense when there were multiple exits. The wireless internet seemed finicky, but when we inquired at reception they weren't much help. The food in the hotel lounge was quite tasty.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2009

Spent 3 nights B+B for 105 euros the double room. The building is very shiny and well organised. The room was extremely spacious, clean and modern, well equipped with all modern amenities, even free coffee making in the room. Parking at the road is easy do not pay the parking of the hotel. The breakfast was excellent but the service was not of a 4 stars hotel, I think they do not hire enough waiters and the absolute mess of the breakfast room is obvious to anybody who tries to find a clean table after 09.00. Lots of groups around particularly Spaniards since the hotel is owned by a spanish company. The staff at the reception was friendly, spoke english well and very attentive. Apart from the service in the breakfast room nothing else we could complain about. It is recommended but since this is not an hotel with personalised services the stay there is not unforgetable. Its target is the Spanish groups of tourists.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 December 2009

I agree completely with a reviewer from December 1 - the service here leaves a lot to be desired. I arrived at 10pm Wednesday night with a packed lobby - turns out the fire alarm had just gone off. There were four people behind the desk, none wanted to help me check in for a good 10-15 minutes. Once I was finally able to do so, I asked if there was a place near-by still serving food. This question seemed to put them out a bit but they still handed me a card for a place that was "that way".

12:30 at night, I was lucky enought o be sleeping in bed on the one floor where the fire alarm went off - again. We all had to go down to the lobby and when people asked for a status, the employees simply did their best to avoid eye contact. We were finally allowed back up - obviously a malfunction - and never a single apology. Quite pathetic I think. Finally, the morning I was to check out, while in the bathroom dressing, a quick knock on the door and someone walked right in. Oops! But no apology.

Service in general was quite slow and disinterested.

As for the hotel itself - it was very clean and shiny. The rooms were great (except the shower temp kept changing on me from piping hot to somewhat warm.) Slick, modern and attractive.

Downside - if you are a light sleeper, the tram might bother you at night. It goes through much of the night.

Best of all, the hotel is a quick walk from the Augustiner-Keller - the best brewer in Munich with a delicious pork knuckle. Well worth a visit or two and far better than the Hofbräuhaus with far fewer tourists.

Overall, if the price is right, I might recommend this hotel. But don't expect them to treat you like they are happy to have you.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 December 2009

The Grand Central is a completely new hotel (2 month). It is modern and the staff is very helpful. Rooms are nice but not that big that you would expect from the photos on the website. Nice bed! And cool bathroom. Breakfast is nice but spanish with a lot os pastry and cakes but less cold cuts and other things you normally get in Germany. To get to town it is a few minutes trip with tram or S-Bahn. Three minutes walk to S-Bahn station Hackerbrücke with S1 and S8 to the airport.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2009

What can i say, was travelling germany with work for 7 days. Was in 7 different hotels, and this was the best by far. The only downside would be that its not really central, and its a huge hotel complex so if your looking for something cosy this is not it. But for buisness it is ideal. Great rooms, great breakfast, clean, good staff. Underpriced.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled on business