“Very nice modern hotel in good location”

Eurostars Grand Central
Ranked #45 of 382 Hotels in Munich
Derbys
“Very nice modern hotel in good location”
Reviewed 6 May 2010

This hotel is very modern close to metro station but also in can walk into town in less than 20 minutes.
Very nice breakfast, friendly staff and ultra modern rooms.
The only complaint i would have is that the pool water was a little cold but other than that all great.

Also very close (only a 5 minute walk) to one of the brauhaus not the Hoff Brau Haus but a very nice one.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Turkish first
London UK
Reviewed 1 May 2010

Stayed here for a weekend break to go to the Bauma trade fair. The hotel is very smart and stylish, staff were helpful and the room was spotless. Swimming pool is small but lovely with a rooftop sundeck next to it.

Couple of gripes though:
We could clearly hear the lift going up and down and doors opening and shutting in our room (301) so avoid the rooms next to the lifts. There was also a mysterious periodic clicking noise, possibly from the air con? Didin't keep our 3 year old awake, but annoyed us a little bit.

No milk, not even powdered, supplied with tea and coffee in the room.

Hotel website says use Donnersbergebrucke S-Bahn station, but Hackerbrucke is much nearer.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with family
USA
Reviewed 20 April 2010

I was to stay at Eurostars Grand Central beginning today. However, I am stuck here in the US unable to get to Munich due to this vocanic mess coming out of Iceland.

I canceled my reservation yesterday and was informed that their policy is that they charge the credit card at the time you make a reservation and that the reservation is non-refundable. I was told to request a refund via email. I did so and got the response "Dear Jason

Thanks for your E-Mail.

We regret to say that we have to charge 80 % cancellation fees. We already charged your credit card with the full amount. But we will charge back the difference of 20%.

Best regards

Mit freundlichen Grüßen"

It is my fault for not asking about their cancellation policy, however, this seems extreme. Based my experience with this hotel including, my notice of cancellation 24 hours in advance and their lack of concern, I cannot recommend that anyone book a reservation with this hotel unless you are absolutely certain nothing will prevent you from staying with them.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
12 Thank piercejasona
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 18 April 2010

Booked on lastminute.com and pleasantly surprised with hotel quality. Spacious rooms with modern design, fittings and furniture. The room had floor to ceiling windows, and the bathroom was bigger than some hotels I've stayed in! Bed was comfortable and they even had a "Pillow Menu" where you can select what type of pillow you would like.

The S-Bahn stop (Hackerbrücke) which is less than 5 minutes walk is one stop away from the main station HBF, and 4 stops away from Marienplatz, the city centre. It will take less than 10 minutes on the S-Bahn to reach the centre. This made it very convenient getting to and from the city centre and made exploring munich less stressful.

There is also a tram stop in front of the hotel, but i did not use this. Taxi's are always in front of the hotel as well.

Breakfast was included with the package and was served buffet style in their stylish restaurant down stairs. Also had dinner there one night and enjoyed the meal very much.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
amsterdam, netherlands
Reviewed 24 March 2010

Nice hotel: clean and lots of light. Rooms are very nice, comfortable and quiet (had windows facing to the backyard). Squeaky-clean bathroom and room itself. Rooms are spacious and there is lots of space to work.
Ability to make instant coffee or tea in the room. Great hair dryer in the bathroom (for female travelers). It is better to arrive with ironed clothes, as there is a risk to wait long for your turn to borrow iron and ironing board. (I was lucky)
Didn't like in-room dinning: ordered Caesar salad, it had not fresh vegetables (carrot was so old and dry that I didn't dare to eat it). So if you like to eat, it is better to go out for a dinner. I haven't seen any restaurant in the lobby nor was suggested during my check-in by reception.
Only 15min walk to Karlsplatz shopping and there are 2 Starbucks on the way (one at the train station); 10min walk to the train station (by the way there is Lufthansa bus that goes to the airport every 20th minute); Train station has lots of pizzerias, Burger King, Starbucks, Little Cafes and little supermarket.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank venus_virgo68
Cheltenham
Reviewed 21 March 2010

Myself & my partner have just returned back from a wonderful mini-break in Munich and the Eurostars Hotel was perfect for this purpose. Although it's about a 20 minute walk to the Aldstadt it's also a minute's walk from the local S-Bahn station, next to which there was a mini shopping complex with a supermarket, coffee bar, etc. It's also a couple of minutes walk up the road from the Augustiner Keller.

The room was exceptionally clean and we were both suprised at how much space we had. The bed was absolutely huge and extremely comfortable and we both had two very good nights sleep as a result. Although there was no bath in the bathroom, it was luxuriously decorated and I could have stayed in the shower all day, it was wonderful!

Again, breakfast was perfectly suited for our requirments, this was included in the room rate and was a buffet style affair. Whilst I would not have touched the hot food with a barge pole (it's not my sort of thing anyway), the cold meats, cheese and fruit were all very fresh and regularly replenished - particularly evident on the Saturday morning when the hotel was much busier.

Unfortunately we didn't get the chance to use the leisure facilities but we poked our head around the door on our last morning and both wished we had. The pool looked very inviting along with a jacuzzi and the sauna was a good size. The gym on the other hand was miniscule.

Whilst we did not require a lot of assistance during our stay, the staff were always more than helpful and very courteous, booking us a taxi on our first evening.

Overall, an excellent hotel which I imagine suits a huge variety of purposes. I wouldn't hesitate to return if I'm ever in Munich again.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 January 2010

I stayed at this hotel during Oktoberfest 2009 and enjoyed its proximity to the grounds (about 10 mins walk). The U-Bahn station to the city center and beyond is even nearer.

Altogether I felt very comfortable at this hotel. Being newly renovated, it had that 'new hotel' smell :) and I found the rooms very spacious.

Also I'm a fan of modern design and this hotel didn't disappoint- it's got very cool lighting in the hallways, and neat design touches in the rooms, a cool semi-opaque glass divider between the bathroom and bedroom (so beware whom you share the room with!) a very comfortable bed and if you're facing the street, you can even open the windows to take in the views of the tram and morning commuters and fresh air in the morning.

The street was a little rowdy with Oktoberfest crowds but if you go any other time of the year this shouldn't a problem.

I also found the breakfast to be fantastic- lots of choice of foods and very helpful staff.

Oh I just remembered- the in-room WiFi was the only point of contention- the service was patchy, but they said they were working on it, so please check on that before you go if that's an important part of your stay!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business