“Great guide, must do this tour!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Radius Tours

and up
Neuschwanstein Castle Small-Group Day Tour from Munich
Ranked #5 of 117 Tours in Munich
More attraction details
Owner description: Munich. Bavaria. Salzburg. Nuremberg. Beer. History. Castles. The Alps. All in great tours in English, Spanish and German - all that, and a huge bike rental.
Boston, MA
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Great guide, must do this tour!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We did the Munich city tour with Austin and loved it. He was knowledgeable and entertaining and the tour was very well paced. It gave a historical perspective of Munich but also gave us a lot of information about other sights we wanted to go back to during our trip. We did this our first full day in the city and Austin had a lot of great tips about what to see and what to avoid. The tour started at the Bahnhof location, which was very convenient. Would highly recommend!

2 Thank MAtraveler13

• Polish first
Larnaka City, Cyprus
58 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Great Tour Company - Lucia was excellent”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I did three tours with this Company and I enjoyed them all ( Tour of Munich, Munich Birthplace of the Third Reich and Salzburg Day Trip).
Particularly I enjoyed my Tour at Salzburg with Lucia. Lucia was originally from Spain but her English were perfect. She was very knowledgeable person and very pleasant guide.

2 Thank Chris_P_Traveller
Toronto, Canada
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Knowledgeable Guide”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I recently did the Third Reich Walking Tour and found it to be an informative and interesting afternoon. Our guide (to my shame I cannot remember his name except that he was of French/Tunisian heritage) was very professional and knowledgeable. He took as much time as necessary to answer peoples questions but still kept the tour moving forward. It was amazing (and a little disturbing) to see so many places I have only seen in books and old newsreels. I am certainly glad I took this tour!

Avon, Colorado
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 79 helpful votes
“Bike Rentals”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We rented bikes for the day from their bahnhof location (near track 32). The bikes were excellent and well maintained. They are a couple Euros cheaper than their major competitor, Mike's bikes. The Radius bikes were better than Mikes (which we used the day before). I believe it cost us 14.90 Euros for the day. A great great way to see Munich, which is quite flat and has an elaborate array of bike paths. Make sure to tour the English Gardens by bike. Bike came the use of a free basket and locks.

2 Thank hjgoetze
Lyndhurst, New Jersey
111 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“Great tour of Neuschwanstein”
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We did the Neuschwanstein Castle tour with Diana and enjoyed it thoroughly. Everything was well organized with travel between Munich and Fussen. Thankfully the person at the desk for Radius mentioned the uphill climb to the castle can be a bit difficult so my partner took the bus (recommended for anyone not ready for a difficult hike). After the train trip there was time for a quick rest stop before we saw Hohenschwangau castle up on the hill (time for photos, not a tour). Then the uphill climb or the bus. Diana provided some interesting history for King Ludwig and the castle during the hike. Between that and getting a couple of nice photos of the countryside the climb was almost worth it (and it was good exercise I suppose).

The tickets for the tour were included in the price but those running the castle do the actual tour of the castle. There was enough time provided for the tour, a quick bite afterward, looking at the souvenirs, and taking the bus back down in time to catch the other bus back to the train. Diana was very nice, helpful and informative. Everything was very well planned.

Visited July 2014