“Not so much”

Novotel Muenchen Airport
Ranked #73 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 30 July 2013

First of all I should state I was already having a bad day. I stayed only one night. The dinner food in the restaurant was good and the evening staff was polite and helpful but I don't know whether it was the inability of the German speaking staff to understand "Do you have feather pillows and if you do can I have one please?" or what the issue was but it took a hand full of calls and mixed messages and knocks on the door with foam pillows before I just gave up. What really got to me however was the cab driver in the morning - he would not let me put my carry-on in the back seat so I could get tickets et al organized - he yelled at me, took my large bag out of the trunk, slammed it on the pavement and stormed in to yell at the desk personnel that he wasn't taking me anywhere unless all the bags were in the trunk (my carry-on is a pull along in very clean condition) - the desk staff shrugged their shoulders and returned to their duties - so the carry-on went in the trunk. Not funny. This taxi drive was scary but I was running exactly on time and didn't want to chance missing my flight as I had connecting one in London. I took his number and wrote to the cab company. I hope I never have to rate a hotel this low again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Novotel Muenchen Airport

Reviewed 30 July 2013

This hotel is very new and modern - the furnishings are sleek and facilities very good. The room was large with very luxurious bathroom and bedding. The restaurant is very good value with my husband and I eating for 30 euros, including wine and beer! The breakfast may seem expensive but it is an all you can eat buffet serving hot and cold food. A good chance to pig out before the aeroplane food!!

Limited choice of TV channels and no films available, a shame. The car park is expensive at 16 euros a day.

Reviewed 28 July 2013

We spent one night at this hotel near the airport on are way back from Rome, Florence, and Trento, Italy. It was a great place to stay except somewhat hard to get to from the Munchen City Centre Train Station. Upon arrival, this Novotel Hotel was clean, well managed, had great room accommodations, and most important to us very close to the Munchen Airport. Our arrival and departure at/from this hotel was so hurried that we really could not enjoy all the amenities offered and provided by this hotel. Our time schedule will be completely different when booking at this hotel next time so we can enjoy the luxury of this hotel-accommodation.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We stayed here on the first and last day in Munich while we were greeting/seeing off family. My children love staying at the Novotels because of their focus on kids and this one was great. Perhaps because it is an airport hotel, and maybe they just generally have more amenities, but this hotel seemed very modern, with lots of space for kids to roam. The breakfast was amazing and plentiful. My one complaint is the restaurant outside of breakfast hours. On the first night the hamburger was really terrible, and on our second night there, the waitstaff got our order all wrong and I felt they were argumentative when we tried to discuss with them.

I don't like that you have to pay for wireless: I feel like nowadays wireless in hotels should be free.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank LisaHBonn_Germany
Reviewed 19 July 2013

We spent one night at the Novotel Munich Airport after flying from Seattle to London to Munich.

The room was modestly sized, but very well appointed. The hotel and room were spotlessly clean.

We slept soundly as the sound proofing was excellent and the bed was very comfortable - the a/c cooled the room well.

I awoke early and went to the business lobby and used one of the computers to access the internet - wifi was expensive in the room, but the business area computers were free.

The buffet breakfast (extra charge) was superb.

The only problem is that the hotel doesn't have a shuttle - so one takes a cab (the driver wasn't happy given the very short ride) or waits for a public bus. If you have only a roller carryon, you can take the S Bahn to its first stop and roll over to the hotel in about five minutes.

Getting in to Munich without a car is not a problem - walk over to the S Bahn station and take either of the trains going to Munich.

Room Tip: Get an inside room to ensure no outside plane/train/traffic noise.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2013

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank BINAMumbai_India
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munich
Hilton Munich Airport
MOXY Munich Airport
MOXY Munich Airport
#2 of 4 in Schwaig
Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport

Been to Novotel Muenchen Airport? Share your experiences!