“Great room, great value”

Novotel Muenchen Airport
Ranked #70 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 17 August 2013

We only booed couple of weeks in advance but got a super rate for this very good hotel close to the airport for our flight back early the next morning. No nose at all, slept like a log. Such a great room and facilities we wished we had been staying longer. Staff all really helpful and friendly too.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 10 August 2013

Stayed at this hotel before an early flight out from Munich airport, and I would say this this is a very good alternative to the overpriced Kempinski hotel within the airport compound. The Kempinski has the advantage of being connected by walk-way to the airport, but at the time of writing was double the price of the Novotel.

The Novotel has a good carpark, and is a modern hotel (quite new I believe). Facilities are all good, and rooms are very practical. They do various package deals, so ensure you get the one with breakfast and Wifi included (Wifi is chargeable otherwise - and they did give us 2 logins, never happened to me in Europe before).

Take note that the "shuttle" is not a hotel service, but is a public bus located around the corner from the hotel - runs every 20 minutes to the airport.

The breakfast was very good indeed!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kangelini
An Accor traveller
Porto Alegre
Reviewed 9 August 2013

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank An Accor traveller
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Pros:
- nice modern interior
- direct bus to the airport (we rode free both ways)
- free early bird breakfast (coffee and breads)

Cons:
- Paper thin walls. We had only a few hours before the flight and wanted to go to bed early. However the family next door had different plans. We could hear their chatterings through the night. Sleep is important to me, that's why I was willing to pay extra for a nice, comfortable hotel. Unfortunately this money went to waste, as I didn't get any sleep at all.
- The toilet was unusually high. I am 5'2'' and my feet dangled :(
- Reception was cold and unwelcoming. No smiles or greetings.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2013

Well ... their webpage states shuttle bus available - little did I know that it is a normal transportation bus ?!

Hotel room is pretty small with WIFI costing you - am not very much in favor of hotels that charge you for WIFI

Overall a very basic hotel - you can find far better ones if you take the tram below the airport and be straight downtown, where you have more options of hotels and you would get to see something.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Amin2011
Reviewed 30 July 2013

First of all I should state I was already having a bad day. I stayed only one night. The dinner food in the restaurant was good and the evening staff was polite and helpful but I don't know whether it was the inability of the German speaking staff to understand "Do you have feather pillows and if you do can I have one please?" or what the issue was but it took a hand full of calls and mixed messages and knocks on the door with foam pillows before I just gave up. What really got to me however was the cab driver in the morning - he would not let me put my carry-on in the back seat so I could get tickets et al organized - he yelled at me, took my large bag out of the trunk, slammed it on the pavement and stormed in to yell at the desk personnel that he wasn't taking me anywhere unless all the bags were in the trunk (my carry-on is a pull along in very clean condition) - the desk staff shrugged their shoulders and returned to their duties - so the carry-on went in the trunk. Not funny. This taxi drive was scary but I was running exactly on time and didn't want to chance missing my flight as I had connecting one in London. I took his number and wrote to the cab company. I hope I never have to rate a hotel this low again.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2013

This hotel is very new and modern - the furnishings are sleek and facilities very good. The room was large with very luxurious bathroom and bedding. The restaurant is very good value with my husband and I eating for 30 euros, including wine and beer! The breakfast may seem expensive but it is an all you can eat buffet serving hot and cold food. A good chance to pig out before the aeroplane food!!

Limited choice of TV channels and no films available, a shame. The car park is expensive at 16 euros a day.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munich
Hilton Munich Airport
Ibis Muenchen Airport Sued
Ibis Muenchen Airport Sued
#2 of 10 in Hallbergmoos
Holiday Inn Express Munich Airport

Been to Novotel Muenchen Airport? Share your experiences!