“Enjoyable 2nd Visit”

Novotel Muenchen Airport
Ranked #66 of 388 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 3 December 2013

Recently stayed here for the 2nd time with my family,the Hotel is conveniently located near the airport and we used a taxi to get to the hotel(the bus service is very simple and cheap too) following an evening flight.We had a very nice room with good views of the planes landing(which our kids loved).The Room didn't suffer with any aircraft noise and we really enjoyed our stay.We used the train to get to the city centre and enjoyed dinner in restaurant after a long day in the city.We all opted for Burgers which were really good and come served on a piece of wood and a little basket of fries!.Breakfast was included in the price of our room and we had a very good selection of what ever you wanted,my only complaint with breakfast was that the plates weren't very warm so my food went cool quite quickly.We found the staff very friendly and helpful especially at check in whilst our children enjoyed the play area which is located near reception.We will stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Not a very 'warm' hotel by any standards; not in the welcome, not in the feel of the rooms or public areas, not in any way really.
The hotel is 10 minutes walk from the S-bahn station one stop out from the airport, or on the bus that runs every 20 minutes (fare €1.20) during the day and every hour overnight.
The front desk check-in was perfunctory, and whilst I was offered a welcome drink and use of the so-called 'executive lounge' (see below), all the benefits of Accor's Le Club platinum level membership were only furnished after I inquired. The room I was allocated was spacious with a sofa to one end and the bed and a desk to the other (I assume it could be a family room). The decoration and lighting whilst new-ish and contemporary, lacked any warmth or homeliness, and the space and starkness added to the cold feeling.
There is a large safe provided, along with tea/coffee making facility, and an automatically-charging minibar. The toilet is in a separate small room to the bathroom, which can be a bonus when travelling with others.
The 'executive lounge' at this hotel is very poor. A long thin space, unstaffed, with some seating against one wall; one small fridge with a handful of drinks and a coffee machine is the only refreshment or offerings, and two Mac computers. The wifi signal here was good, strong enough to use IP telephony.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank paulieuk
Reviewed 20 November 2013

I did not choose this hotel, my coworker did and I regret not making the decision myself. I arrived late and checked in no problem. The room was economical in design but not economical in price €145 a night + €16 for parking. The layout was off with the sink and shower facing the window but a separate "closet" for the toilet. I had dinner in the hotel as I was tired. The service was slow even by European standards and they messed up my meals order. My beer order was forgotten about after 30 minuets I payed and left. The only redeeming quality of this hotel is the free wifi that I'm writing this review on and it's close to the airport.

Pass this place up for the holiday inn, NH or preferably travel to Freising

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Well unless you work for Aldi you may as well forget any customer service, we arrived after a 400 km road trip looking for a nice stay. Sorry restaurant classed due to big Audi group, you can eat in the bar, so Burger it was virtually kneeling on the floor on the lower table to can imagine. Every time I spoke with a member of the staff, it was are you with Aldi, I replied No, they replied - GRUNT.... Was asked at reception if my stay was good, I said NO she said, Nothing, I said why ask if it was good if you don't want to hear that it was not, silence. Everything was too much trouble, we asked if as the bar was busy and the restaurant closed if we can eat in the Executive Laounge, as we had access to this area, - NO, Dint do that , can't do this, NO NO NO, they hate you here if you don't work for Audi. This is not a cheap hotel, I expect a lot more. PS the beds are the bardes most uncomfortable beds i the world ever and the pillows are Square! Square and the softest pillows in the world, no one here cares at all.

Room Tip: Stay elsewhere!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Matt A
Reviewed 5 November 2013

We stayed there the night before a flight, but this hotel is more than just an airport hotel. The staff was very welcoming and kind. the hotel itself and especially the rooms are absolutely nice designed and everything was very clean. The highlight of our stay was dinner at the hotel`s restaurant. It's been a long time that we have eaten such a good burger and my wife as vegetarian got lots of wonderful vegetables. There was really nothing to complain about! We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed one night in October for an early flight next morning. You can take either S1 or S8 from Munich city center and get off one stop before the airport. Walk the overhead bridge (it has a lift) across the highway and follow the sign to the hotel. It was easy. After checked in, we asked the hotel staff for a place to go for the afternoon. The staff was helpful suggesting a small town called Freising by taking bus 635 in the front of the hotel building. It was a 20 min. ride. The old town square in Freising has a church, fountain, shops and restaurants. It is a nice town to visit before leaving Munich.
The hotel room is clean and quiet, the bed is comfortable and free wifi is a plus. The most important to us is the location. Bus 635 runs every 20 min. to/from the airport. The bus starts as early as 4am and only takes 5 min to the airport terminal. If we ever visit Munich again, we will certainly stay at Novotel again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed there for 4 nights on a business trip. Not impressed!! Very cold staff. Rooms we're clean. Bar was extremely busy and they were short stop. Have been to Munich many times before for work. Much better off at the Kempinski.

• Stayed: October 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Munich
Hilton Munich Airport
Ibis Muenchen Airport Sued
Ibis Muenchen Airport Sued
#2 of 10 in Hallbergmoos
ibis Styles Munchen Ost Messe

Been to Novotel Muenchen Airport? Share your experiences!