“too expensive”

Price range: US$7 - US$54
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 14 November 2012

We went here in the evening, 3 adults and 1 child after hearing that it had some of the best sushi in Munich. The 8 piece Sushi Sashimi with one Nigiri was almost €30. Now I know fresh fish is expensive, and you have to pay for the rest of the experience but this price is outrageous !

The quality of the food was good, maybe not the best sushi I've ever had, but then again Munich is so far away from the ocean anyway, so all the fish has to be flown in.

The total bill for us was around €180 with getting starters and drinks, which for what we got, I really think we paid too much.

1  Thank paul_in_munich

Reviewed 29 September 2012

Very nice Japanese restaurant. Nice decor, very clean with a very good service. We ordered various appetizers instead of sushis. The food was very good with reasonable prices and portions. They brought you a hot towel before the meal (nice touch). When looking at plates around us, the food look great (sushis and main courses). Great Japanese restaurant in a cozy atmosphere

Reviewed 21 September 2012

Ok I am torn between one star or two stars. But given the terrible service, I will go for one.
If you are looking for quality Japanese cuisine, this is NOT the place. It is a mix of Thai and Japanese, sounds fishy... Indeed the sushi & sashimi are borderline not fresh, just passable. The rest, decent at best. I am assuming the others gave this place a good review because unfortunately, it seems like Munich does not have many good choices for Japanese food. Or maybe because they opted for the Thai food (which I admit have not tried).
Anyways, to top it off, the service is the worst I have experienced in quite some time, except for those who wish to have their appetizers and main courses at the same time and then be told that it is because we need to get outta there quickly because the next guests are arriving.

1  Thank sc175
Reviewed 27 July 2012 via mobile

I have not tried the sushi here, but I have yet to find good sushi in Munich. It is nowhere near an ocean, go figure! However, the regular Japanese Food is very good! They also have a great lunch menu. Everything was very fresh and tasty on both occasions I have been here. Even the desserts were very good, even though not Japanese. The service is very attentive, allthough a bit slow. If you are in a hurry, don't go.

Reviewed 27 February 2012

We saw there japanese guests and were quite happy on expectations. Service was good, restaurant was almost full (thur eve). However food, especially nigiris were far from being perfect. Even in Ukraine you can find better sushis - too small pieces of fish, very average rice. Kayso salad was not tasty at all, and thats quite the word - not tasty. It was about 260 EUR for 9 guests (beer only and half kids), but we expected much better. Definitely not to the standards of japanese food

1  Thank AndersUA