“Great Location, modern design”
Review of CORTIINA Hotel

CORTIINA Hotel
Ranked #11 of 389 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 10 September 2013

The hotel is at centrel location, close to subway and the main plaza. Have a bar downstair. Room is big, new and clean. design is modern and comfortable. Low noise level so sleeping is super. Recommend!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 September 2013 via mobile

This hotel more than exceeded my expectations. My wife and I stayed here as part of our honeymoon through Europe and loved this hotel. I wrote to this hotel a week before coming to let them know I would be on honeymoon. They replied back that they didn't offer any specific honeymoon deals but promised me they would do something nice.
They sure did, when checking in we entered our room to rosé petals and chocolates on the bed.
The room was nicely apportioned with a comfortable bed. The bathroom was excellent and had a great tub.
The hotel is literally 5 mins from the glockenspiel and only 2 mins from the world famous hofbrauhaus. They offer DVD rental for free and are great with suggestions for anything. We stayed in their second building and really enjoyed the privacy. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed 7 September 2013

I stayed at the Cortiina for 1 night in August in a Cortiina Comfort room (room 306). The location could not have been better - just a few blocks and a few minutes walk from the Marienplatz, on a nice street with great restaurants. The room itself was large, spotlessly clean, and had beautiful hardwood floors. There were two large windows to let the light in, with privacy shades. The bathroom was very modern and clean. The wall between the bedroom and bathroom was all glass, but there were wooden doors that could be closed for full privacy. The bed had a rubber mattress and was super comfortable, and having two separate comforters on the queen bed was a nice touch. Our room faced the street, but we didn't find it at all noisy.

One of the best things about the Cortiina is the great service at the front desk. We used 3 of their restaurant recommendations, for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and loved them all. They valet-parked my friend's car for us several times over two days, despite the fact that she was not staying at the hotel, let us keep it there well past check out, and did not charge us for this. Lastly at EUR150/night (not including breakfast), I felt this hotel was amazing value for such high quality in such a great location.

Room Tip: There are 4 floors, and rooms face either the street or an inner courtyard.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I just completed a week stay at the Cortiina Hotel. The most impressive thing for me besides the great location, was the amazing service I received. From the front desk to the breakfast service to the restaurant and bar. Everyone remembered your preferences from type do coffee to wine preference. It was truly a pampered experience. I highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed here during the summer month in August 2013. The hotel is centrally located and less than 5 minutes of walking distance to marienplatz (major restaurants and shopping centres nearby). The front desk personnel is kind enough to let me check into my room at wee hours of 6.00am plus. Breakfast variety is good and the service staff serving me is very friendly and attentive. Air con works well (since it is the hot summer month) and the room is big and comfortable for a solo traveller like me. Has requested for a quiet room which faced the inner courtyard and amazing, I slept like a log everyday since there is no noise.

On my last day where I also check out at 6.00am plus (skipping the buffet breakfast), the front desk personnel was nice and kind enough to pack a take away coffee for me. Only one minor flaw is that the front desk forgot to call me back as I asked them to re-confirm on my airport transfer's timing. But nevertheless, I will definitely return to this hotel again due to their lovely service and rooms.

Room Tip: If you want lesser noise, you can request for a room facing the inner courtyard.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 September 2013

My 23 year old daughter and I had a great stay at the Cortiina Hotel this week on our first trip to Munich. The hotel is very well located, less than a five minute walk to the Marienplatz. Our room was very large and modern. The staff members were very friendly, helped us with directions and recommended a good place for dinner our first night. We would gladly stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 September 2013

The hotel is well located in the city - close to everything.

Unfortunately, this is all we liked about the hotel.

The fellow running the front desk was incredibly dismissive and extremely rude. There is just no excuse for this behaviour.

We had a room overlooking the street and the air conditioning was not working. The room was stuffy and stale. Opening the windows was an option if you wanted to listen to constant traffic and pedestrian noise and early morning garbage trucks.

I requested a fan and was given a filthy old blow heater with a fan function.

The management had plugged in those foul smelling cheap room deodorisers into power points in the corridor and the sickly smell pervaded the rooms. I requested they remove them and they reluctantly did.

The room was adequate but dark. The bathroom OK however the shower was over the bath. Dreadful pillows.

On leaving the hotel I complained about the sleepless night and was duly verbally abused by the front desk manager who sneered that didn't I know "no hotels in Germany have air conditioning". A refund of Euro 20 was offered with disdain. What an insult.

Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Elysia
Kristina E, Manager at CORTIINA Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2013

Dear Guest,

We are deeply sorry to hear that you felt treated very impolite because as usually we are very proud of our friendly staff.

Therefor we would like to apologize for your experience at out our hotel and we hope to get the chance to welcome you again and to convince you of our services.

Best regards from Munich,