“Stylish Hotel, Easy Location”
Review of CORTIINA Hotel

CORTIINA Hotel
Ranked #11 of 387 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Our room was quiet and spacious. Our Double Deluxe room had a queen-size bed, desk, sofa, kitchenette, walk-in closet and a well-designed bathroom. So much more space than I was expecting in Europe!

The front desk service was polite and helpful (though their first inclination was always to recommend sister restaurants!); and the bar staff was wonderful. We had friendly service and truly creative cocktails right at our door.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kalison
Kristina E, Manager at CORTIINA Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear Kalison,

I am very pleased by your compliments about your room, the interior and the friendliness of our staff. I just forwarded your compliments about the creative cocktails to my colleagues at the bar.
We hope to welcome you again soon in the near future at the CORTIINA Hotel!

With kind regards

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Nice spacious room & comfy bedding! Not noisy at all, not sure what rooms people stayed in who complained of noise. Breakfast is delicious but is indeed pricey but the nice in-room kitchenette solved that the next day with a quick trip to the Viktualienmarkt just a couple of blocks away (farm fresh eggs, sausage, breads, honey, etc.) -- voila, gourmet fresh breakfast in the room! Frontdesk staff was very helpful and pleasant, and the guys at the bar can make a perfect martini! Hotel is in the historic old part of Munich which makes walking to many attractions very easy.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view down Orlandostraube -- the nighttime people watching is great!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Heston L

Dear Heston,

It is a pleasure to read that you were so satisfied during your stay with us and that you enjoyed the area around the old town, where our hotel is located, so much. I will share your feedback about our staff with the entire team and I am sure your words will be a great pleasure for them as well.

With kind regards from Munich,

Reviewed 25 July 2014

Did 5-nights stay, mix of business and leisure. I chose the hotel based on TripAdvisor comments, but was weary of the negatives I had read - staff attitude, noisy rooms, and breakfast cost. Took care of the latter with a special they were offering for 3-night and longer stays: 10%off, plus free breakfast. One problem gone.
As for the other two (attitude and noise), I didn't need to do anything about them: they were nowhere to be found. The staff was attentive and courteous (front desk, breakfast, ...), and we found the room to be surprisingly quiet considering its front street location. The room was large for a downtown European city hotel, everything worked, on-site parking is available at a competitive price, and the entire package is attractively priced. For the location, I think it'd be hard finding a better quality/price balance.

2  Thank rocou
Kristina E, Manager at CORTIINA Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear User rocou,

Thank you very much for your lovely comment. It is very nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you have been so satisfied with your room, our location and most important, the friendliness of our staff. We hope to welcome you back at any time at the CORTIINA Hotel when you will be in Munich once again.

With best regards

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Cortiina is close to being my favourite hotel. The hotel itself is perfect. Small scale, understated and well designed rooms, and a great location in a surprisingly quiet street in Alstadt. The only think I'd suggest they rethink is 1) the breakfast service and 2) the common areas during night.

1) The breakfast. The buffet is great. The price is also fair considering the quality of the food. The breakfast tables, however, are too close. Also, the omelets made to order (included in the buffet price) could have been better. It also took some time to get coffee. In general, service was good and polite, but slow (the one day we had breakfast at the hotel). Also - we truly enjoyed the fantastic atmosphere and breakfast (half the price!) at the Italian Bar Centrale across the street. In our opinion, that breakfast experience was much better. I'd say they should rethink the breakfast table set-up and work a little bit on the service.

2) The common areas at night. I had high expectations of the common areas at Cortiina. It looked so cosy from the pictures. I really liked the bar area and the sofa in front of the fire. But the rest of the common area had a formal dinner set up. I think they should skip the sit down dinner thing, and make it more of a social area with long communal tables / lounge area. There are so many other restaurants in the neighborhood.It's not really needed at the Cortiina. So, I'm sure it would have been better if they made the common area more into a relaxed place to have a drink and / or a small bite, or to just sit down in front of the fire with a good book.

That said - the hotel is exceptional in all other ways. The staff at the front desk, the rooms, the location, and the hotel exterior - it's really well designed. Truly understated luxury. Nothing like the flashy Mandarin Oriental nearby.

I'm 100% sure I'll be staying at the Cortiina next time in Munich - be it for pleasure or business.

Room Tip: The rooms toward Ledenstrasse can be noise during the weekends. Ask for a rooms facing the courtyard...
2  Thank Aften321

Dear User Aften321,

First of all thank you so much for your nice and detailed review and the time you have taken to write it. I am very please by your words about our staff, the design and your room and will share them with the entire team. I am very sorry that we could not fulfill your expectations during our breakfast. Please be sure that this service does not meet our standards. I already talked to our restaurant manager that we can improve the things you mentioned and our guests will get our high standard service again. We are very much looking forward to welcome you back at the CORTIINA Hotel in the near future.

With best regards

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We stayed here in May of 2014 for 2 nights for the start of a 2 week trip through central Europe and what a great place to start! A really hip, trendy, design boutique hotel in the perfect spot for staying in Munich: a short walk to Marienplatz, Victualienmarkt, Residenz, St. Peter's Church, The Galleria at Marienplatz, the subway..everything 5 minutes away. The hotel room was a superior room just down the street (20 feet) from the reception. Super cool room on the very top floor with what we decided had to have had the best view of all the rooms: our full wall of windows looked out over the rooftops to the square with Hofbrauhaus and all of it's human traffic day and night. The design of the room (ours at least) is midcentury modern with ultra cool furniture, appliances, and small design features. Large sofa and big comfy bed, flat screen TV, great min bar and kitchenette with microwave and fridge stocked with bavarian beers, wine, and liquors. Bathroom was luxuirous and huge with equally huge tub/shower and heated floors. A/C in the room worked perfectly though it was not really needed.

The service was great..no complaints, staff were pleasant and knowledgable.

Breakfast buffet (though pricey) is the best hotel breakfast I have ever had thus far. Have it at least once during your stay.

We did not eat at the restaurant for lunch or dinner but did go to the bar both evenings. The bar is gorgeous and attracts a very hip, trendy crowd. The cocktail menu is vast and fun, the bartenders some of the most talented I have seen. Even if you do not stay at the hotel the bar is worth stopping in for.

Cortiina is a trendy hotel catering to a design savvy clientele (largely).I would not say it is very family friendly and I saw not a single child but I am sure the hotel would disagree. Overall a great choice for staying in the right spot in Munich.

Room Tip: Superior rooms are really spacious with huge bathrooms. They are almost suites.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Atlas1175

Dear User Atlas1175,

Many thanks for your great review on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to hear that you have been so satisfied with your stay and that the CORTIINA Hotel was a great place to start your trip through central Europe. I forwarded your comment to the entire team, and I am sure your words will be a great pleasure for them as well. We hope to welcome you back at any time at the CORTIINA Hotel when you will be in Munich once again.

Best regards

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Cortiina has always been one of our favorites because the rooms are bright and well designed. our two visits just confirmed once more that they have most things well organised. The hotel is quiet and professional right in the middle of town. Perfect...

4  Thank Nicholas A
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Me and my husband stayed here for 4 nights, our first time in Munich. At checkin our room was not immediately ready but the front desk man recommended a fantastic coffee bar/restaurant just across the street which was as great as he said :) we came back and were escorted to our room where our bags had already been delivered. Room was sleek, modern and had an incredible bathroom. He was also extremely helpful in offering sightseeing ideas, directions and any other help we needed. The location of this hotel was perfect, minutes away from Marienplatz, Hofbrauhaus and the Victuals Market yet on a quieter sidestreet. I absolutely loved our stay here.

2  Thank Jackie Q
Kristina E, Geschäftsführer at CORTIINA Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Jackie,

Thank you very much for your kind words! It is very nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and especially liked the friendliness and helpfulness of our staff.
We are looking forward to welcome you soon again at the CORTIINA Hotel!

With best regards from Munich