All reviewsbig bar areahotel loungeaccess to public transportationnice designalarm clockrooms are smallmetro stationcorner roomunderground parkingbusy roadspent one nightthe hotel is conveniently locatedcomfortable staybreakfast buffetbed was very comfortableboiled eggsgreat shower
Reviewed 3 October 2013

Our plan to attend the Oktoberfest opening was last minute - by last minute I mean beginning September, which is fairly late. We contacted many bed & breakfasts as well as hotels close to Theresenweise (where the fest takes place) but they were all booked. Finally we came across One Motel and the only location they had rooms available in was the Sud. The hotel did charge a premium because it was fest time so it was perhaps 30-40 percent higher than the standard price. We took a chance and were pleasantly surprised.

Munich is equipped with a very easy to crack public transport system and reaching the hotel was fairly easy. It isn't as far off as we had expected and was pretty close to 2 train stations.The room was of average size (by European standards that is), but very well kept and comfortable. The staff was friendly and we dint have issues getting to the Oktoberfest or Marienplatz. Turns out the entire hotel had guests who had specifically come to attend the Oktoberfest. The breakfast spread was impressive and they also had a bar that came alive by evening. The crowd staying here were mostly in their 30s, so the place had a bit of a grown up feel to it.

All in all, it was a pretty good find, and we are likely to stay here on our next visit to Munich.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank manju v
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Overall excellent price & quality ration although we booked during Oktoberfest just a week before our trip but still received a double room for a very decent cost per night. Breakfast (for EUR 7!) included fresh fruit salad, bread rolls, croissants and in general a good selection of all the basic ingredients which was refreshed continuously despite very busy period in Munich. Clean rooms with a nice & modern decor, perhaps on the small side in terms of size but sufficient, quite recently done bathroom and shower (huge shower head). No noise. Good location with just a short walk to the closest U-Bahn station, which was a half a dozen stops from downtown. Free internet. Friendly international staff.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 September 2013

With this hotel I think you get what you pay for: quite good price, quite good room.

Our room was very clean and attractive although a touch on the small side (don't expect to be swinging any cats in them!). Our bathroom had a strange smell which lingered all through our stay, but it was clean and modern.

The hotel staff were friendly and spoke good English; whilst the breakfast was excellent for only seven Euros, with lots of choice. It was easy and fast to get into the centre of Munich with the u-bahn station so close by, however we did feel a little bit stuck out in the middle of nowhere.

I would return to this hotel again, but only if I couldn't find a hotel for the same price closer to the centre.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Very surprised by the unfriendly and unhelpful staff. Booked for a week on a business trip. Day 2 we wanted to sit at the hotel bar and have a drink before turning in after a long day at work. The bartender was rude, and completely ignored my friend when he attempted to order a beer. We wanted to pay for the drinks when served, and all 3 of us put Euros on the bar to pay separately. The bartender took the largest denomination bill, and charged all 3 drinks to one person, and then tried to play it off like he didn't understand what we wanted. On day 3 I came back to find my showerhead completely broken off the hose and sitting on the shower floor. I went down to the desk, and waited my turn to approach. The receptionist just stared at me for about 3 minutes, and then reluctantly told me she's have to move me to a new room. Not sure if she thought I was just turning the broken piece into the front desk? She took a bit of time, and gave me another room. Now these rooms are small, and spare, and not very new, but I'm really not that picky. This room clearly was not the same as the room I had previously checked in to. Then, for about the 4th time, my internet would not work. I had to go back down to the desk, wait in line behind 5 more people and request new log in credentials. Got the same woman who looked at me like I was being unreasonable or demanding or something..not sure what.
We've also had trouble all week getting cabs an have been late to appointments every day. These seem like minor things but I have to say right now, I'm in a very bad mood because of the way I have been made to feel as a guest from another country here in Germany. Very surprised and very disappointed.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the construction being done on the street.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank M M
Reviewed 21 August 2013

When you book an inexpensive hotel room, you never really know what you're going to get. I expected this to be closer to an Ibis type of experience but it was SO much better! The room was very clean and had plenty of room. Bed was reasonably comfortable and no noise problems from the hallway, neighbors or outside. Easy access to a UBahn station just steps away from the hotel front door (hint - there is an underground walkway if you exit and go right on the main road). Loved the securing parking for my rental car and the breakfast was great! Well worth the cost. Coffee machine made the most excellent coffee. There is also a convenience store/gas station just steps down the road (go left on the main road when you exit the hotel) - it was a great place for getting bottled water and coffee when necessary. I did have a difficult time finding an ATM in the area as there is not one at the hotel. Also, had some toasties from the hotel restaurant and they were quite good. Staff speaks excellent English. Would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple