“Very good frech cousine”
Review of La Brasserie

La Brasserie
Ranked #210 of 3,850 Restaurants in Munich
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We had a perfect romantic dinner at Brasserie. But still Coq a Vin had a Munich touch)). The location, atmosfere, and food definetly worth a visit to this place.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

We decided to go to this restaurant based on trip advisor reviews and it was also very close to our hotel. We decided on steak and the waiter recommended a very nice wine with it. Upon arrival of the meal one steak was over cooked, the other undercooked. I mentioned to the waiter who immediately took both away along with the side orders. We were then served a cup of fish soup free of charge, which was delicious, as both main meals were being completely redone. Following this our main meals were served again, both steaks were amazing and could not be faulted. For dessert we ordered the lemon tart between us it was a perfect finish to the meal. Although we did have to complain the manner in which the staff dealt with it was first class and I would return tomorrow.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

As the name suggests, French-themed food with local produce. Good selection of wine by the glass, which is useful if you're not planning to drink much. Sociable booths for 4 people. Helpful waiting staff.

Reviewed 22 November 2013 via mobile

We did not make a reservation but were lucky to get a table. Had to try based on TA ratings and comments. Food was great...from the escargot to the lamb to the fish special. But I must say, the lamb portion was small :-( The chocolate souffle was divine...must try.

Reviewed 4 November 2013

My stepdaughter and I arrived at a youth hostel in the Nymphenburg area and asked for a recommendation for dinner.

The friendly people at the desk started to name a few restaurants. The first one they named was La Brasserie.

I immediately told them to stop. No need to name any more. The idea of dining at a French restaurant was too good to pass up.

We took a cab to La Brasserie and were immediately delighted with the stately but not stuffy setting. Intimate lighting, nicely spaced tables, flickering candlelight on the tables, and the promise of French delights.

To celebrate our arrival, I went with a glass of bubbly, my typical choice as a starter to a fine meal.

And fine it was. So fine that we went back a second time during our stay in Munich.

The first night, I opted for their fish soup and a decadent dessert.

The fish soup, provoncialische fischsuppe mit sauce rouille und kase, teased my taste buds in a most pleasant way.

Then a chocolate mouse, mousse au chocolat auf kandierten rumpflaumen.

I dipped my dessert fork into the light crust and a heavenly chocolate filling oozed out. I got carried away, and I'm not even a chocoholic.

We made so much noise oohing an aahhing that proprietor Stefan presented us with a finishing cognac. The fumes were so strong, I could easily have gotten high from them.

During a second visit, I had to have the fish soup and chocolate mousse again. But this time I added a filet of fish, filet vom loup de mer auf gegratenen zucchini mit couscous.

A flaky, melt in your mouth filet arrived on a pillow of couscous. I leaned in and inhaled the fragrant aromas.

The meal confirmed my contention that there is French food, then the rest of the world, with the possible addition of Italian.

Anyway, if you are in the Nymphenburg area, make it a point to dine there.

No...I take that back.

Even if you are NOT in the Nymphenburg area, make it a point to get there any way you can.

You won't regret it.