“host”

Ranked #1 of 65 Munich B&B and Inns
Moscow, Russia
“host”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

very convinient place close to Marienplatz, just in center. Nice appartment, everything is clean and cozy. Free bananase and apples in kitchen available 24hrs. Tasty breakfast and polite Hostel crew. I recommend this place. Enjoy!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (78)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

My 12-year-old son and I just had a wonderful stay. Christoph and his son and other staff were extraordinarily welcoming and helpful, with great suggestions about activities and restaurants that we would not otherwise have known about, like the huge and entertaining flea market on the Oktoberfest grounds, or the amazing view of the Alps from the top of St. Peters. We felt very safe and cared for. The location is fantastic, on a small street off one of the pedestrian-only shopping streets, so very quiet at night and great for sleeping. It is steps from the Munich city museum; steps beyond that is a great neighborhood of fun shops and restaurants (Sebastian platz and Cornelius Strasse neighborhoods; the Viktualienmarkt). Breakfast was generous and delicious (tea and fruit always available), and they kindly provided food for us on our last day when we had to leave before the regular breakfast time for an early flight. We stayed in both rooms 2 and 3 (with a trip to Salzburg in between). Both have window seats where my son loved to curl up and read while I got ready. Extremely comfortable beds and very clean. A lovely stay!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Kiev, Ukraine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014

Location is jst in the heart of everything, very cozy and nice rooms and incredibly helpful owner who tells you everything and more about whatever you want :-) definitely recommended for those who look for great value for money and best location :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends

Manchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 April 2014

Really enjoyed our stay at pension am jakobsplatz, Ideally located in centre and close to train station which is cheap to travel everywhere. Staff couldnt help you enough, we were their priority and it was a pleasure to stay there. The rooms are clean, fantastic place to stay.

• Stayed March 2014
Cape Town Central, South Africa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

We stayed in room one during December 2011. The location was excellent 500 meter from Marienplatz and very central to public transportation as well. Christoph was also very helpful with suggestions on activities, restaurants and places to see. The breakfast in the mornings was really good and the breads were awesome. Room 1 looks out onto the street, but during the night there isn't a lot of noise and traffic coming from the street. We didn't open any windows as we were there in winter and the restaurant down below weren't very loud. Yes, the rooms are small, but it didn't bother us as we were only there to sleep, during the day we were out and about. My husband is a very light sleeper and sometimes people coming and going on the stairs woke him up, but during our stay Christoph was busy replacing all doors with soundproof doors so that might already be sorted. We had a lovely time over New Year's Eve. If we return we will go back to Pension am Jakobsplatz

Room Tip: Room 4 might be quieter than room 1
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank SuperK1
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014

I recently stayed six nights at the Pension am Jakobsplatz. It was everything I wanted in a pension - charming, with a personal touch. It is family-run by very kind and informative people always answering your questions and helping you with your plans. They are all very generous with their time. The room was perfect. I was staying alone, and I was glad I was not put into a closet-sized room as I had been at some pensions in the past when I had booked a room for one person. It was comfortable and charming and clean. It had a home-away-from-home atmosphere. I also liked the fact that you could make yourself a cup of tea or coffee at any time in the common room. There were also apples and bananas available there. When I come back to Munich, I am defintely going to stay here again. Its location is perfect, too. It is near a Metro and tram stop and a short walk from the Mariansplatz. Across the street there are many cafes and some museums. It was only two Metro stops from the museum quarter, where I spent a lot of time. There was a direct tram to Nymphenburg Palace. It is only two stops by tram from the main train station. So it is a perfect place to stay in the heart of Munich. The helpfulness of the staff, especially Christoph, made it all the more enjoyable.

Room Tip: I only saw my room, room number four, and it was a nice room with a double bed and big bathroom.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

This pension is very closed to Marian platz and very easy to walk to train station and other interesting area in Munich. The room was good and was dress up for me every day.I do recommend to everyone who will go to Munich. Breakfast was very good and never forget the pension's owner who was very kindness.

• Stayed April 2014