“One of the best tours I've taken. Intimate, fun, and unique.”
Review of Fancy Bus Tours - CLOSED

Fancy Bus Tours
Type: Bus Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Fancy Bus Day Tours: Castle Neuschwanstein - Wieskirche - Cheesefarm - Enjoy Culture - Nature - Hidden Places! All Tours are running with maximum 7 people. Get your Ticket for EUR 55.- already includes your Entrance to the Castle.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / lift
Kansas City, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“One of the best tours I've taken. Intimate, fun, and unique.”
Reviewed 12 January 2011

Neuschwanstein Castle Tour

I first booked with Fancy Tours based off of the reviews from TripAdvisor. I emailed the company and within a day I was emailed back (time difference). Tanja helped with the dates and kept me up-to-date with the tour details. All she asked was that we emailed a confirmation the day before as we did not pay beforehand. She was so great to work with.

The price of the tour was very resonable and at that time it cost less than a hundred euros, including admisison to the castle. For only 5 Euro per person more, they picked us up at our hotel. This made it so nice as I was traveling w/ my mother who is 74 years old.

We jumped into the van. Yes, a van. No gigantic tour bus! I do love tours and being a tourist in some ways, but I hate when you feel like "cattle" walking from place to place. We then picked up the rest of the people for our tour. It was such an intimate tour that we became friends w/ the rest of the group: A couple from Austrailia, A couple from Malta, and a young guy from Brazil. You get to drive through the countryside of Germany which is worth the trip alone. Our first stop is at a beautiful church that no other tour takes you on. Mario, our tour guide, is so fun and warm. You want to hang out w/ him all day. Then we jumped back in and went to the castle. This place, on your own, would probably be the most annoying trip. With Mario and our new friends, we had a blast. He had coffee and cookies before making the trek up to the castle. I was jealous because everyone was going for a good hike. I had my mother, but we spent time walking around the shops before getting in line to take the bus up to the castle. The castle is well packed, but we took pictures at the top while we waited for our tour time. After the castle tour, we had a lovely walk down to the bottom. We took our time and enjoyed the view on the way down. Of course, we were lucky enough to go on the foggiest day ever and there wasn't the amazing view that most people get. Then again, we had such a spectacular group and fun time that I wouldn't change it. After the castle tour we got to go to another church, but I have to say the first one was my favorite. The second one is where everyone goes after the castle.

Saving the best for last, the cheese farm. At this point, it is pretty cold. Mario ordered a lovely cheese and sausage platter. Some ordered coffee and beer. We got to sit in this old barn. We sat at big old wooden tables. It was a highlight of my trip. We finally got the heater going which made it better. It is something you laugh about. We talked about life, cheese, and how cold we were. All of the meat, bread, and cheese that we were eating (which was delicious) is made there. Yes, on this farm! I dare you to find better.

Mario was told us stories of all the different tours he had, spoke about his country, and made us laugh. He was just delightful. He found his calling.

GO ON THIS TOUR!

Visited October 2010
3 Thank MichiTravel

London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great day out in the German outback”
Reviewed 5 January 2011

I arranged this tour with Tanja who was amazingly efficient at answering my questions via email, she definitely went above and beyond to be of assistance to me and my friends who have never been to Germany. She arranged all the tickets, made sure we were at the castle before the crowds started and looked after us. It removed all the hassle from going to tourist spots and made the day so much more relaxing and enjoyable.

I arranged for us to do a day trip to Neuschwanstein on the 2nd of January, as there were only five of us we had the bus all to ourselves which felt much more personal. Tanja and Nina were prompt and knowledgable about both Munich and its surrounding area and made us feel relaxed (we all had a good sleep in the car).

Unfortunately due to our timing we werent able to do the Cheesefarm as it was closed, however Tanja arranged for us to go to one of the restaurants near the castle, the food was amazing and very reasonable and away from the maddening tourist crowds. It also gave us time to dry our wet shoes by the fire as we all came very unprepared for all the snow!

I would really recommend Fancy Bus tours to anyone, i hate doing tours and following the usual touristy routes but they have converted me!

Thanks to both Tanja and Nina for an amazing day.

Visited January 2011
1 Thank alexven
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“Super!!”
Reviewed 30 August 2010

Hey I'm from Bombay, India and i was there 4 months back in Munich. One of my friends recommended me about the Fancy Bus tour which is a day trip to the castle of NEUSCHWANSTEIN and WIESKIRCHE. Its absolutely gorgeous. Also the bus ride is loads of fun as I met so many People. The tour guide was kind enough to repeat all his words in English too. The cheese farm is another interesting spot where the bus takes u and of course it all ends with a chilled beer on the bus while the sun is settling down in the ocean. Guys if ur there, DO NOT MISS THIS. Enjoy the ride :)