“Always a great choice!”

Bayerischer Hof Hotel
Ranked #47 of 385 Hotels in Munich
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The Bayerischer Hof is a wonderful hotel in the heart of Munich. The service is very attentive and efficient, the rooms are elegant and spacious and the location could probably not be any better. The newly renovated breakfast room is very bright, modern and very classy, making the famous champagne breakfast even more a must! The concierge Mr. Lindner was particularly nice and efficient with a special request.
I highly recommend this hotel. Join the Leaders Club of lhw.com to receive additional benefits, making your stay even more enjoyable!

Room Tip: Almost all rooms have now been renovated, so you can hardly go wrong with any room category!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Went during the peak season and was impressed how efficient the hotel was despite this. Essential to ask for a renovated room. The spa is a good place to relax with nice roof top views of the city. Best of all is the location right in the middle of everything and the fact it is a family owned and run hotel which means very personal service.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
4  Thank Yousef M
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I went to Munich for a not-so-pleasant reason, I had to see a doctor and go through a therapy every day from early morning until 6 in the afternoon. I was so happy that the Bayerischer Hof not only was two steps from my doctor but also a lovely place to stay at. The service was impeccable and since my german is not so great I was happy that the staff was happy to speak english with me. I thought the room was very nice, not very big, but it didn't matter so much to me. I really loved the bathroom, it was huge and very beautiful with both shower and bathtub. I also really appreciated the "walk in closet" which was spacious.

I was staying with my boyfriend who had a problem with his computer charger, the concierge was so efficient and fast that by the time we got back to the hotel in the afternoon they had someone buy for us a new charger! The food was also quite good, we went once to the polynesian fusion restaurant and another time to the rooftop restaurant which was also very nice and romantic.

I used the spa facility to get a wax and that part I wasn't so fond about. The girl was very nice and spoke good english but the wax service was not done very well and it was really expensive. I understand that those are the hotel prices but I was hoping for a better quality service in that respect. I hope the hotel can improve that in the future.

I stayed for a whole week and I will definitely come and stay again next month when I have to do my check up again. I really relaxed in this hotel and I am happy to recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank julianasi
Reviewed 25 December 2013

This is a large formal hotel (350 rooms) not ideally suited for the individual traveller or couple, especially those who don't speak German. Rooms are lovely; the rooftop garden for breakfast or a snack very pleasant..though the view of Munich's so-called skyline is a bit of a yawn. The hotel food and that nearby is also repetitive..sausage in endless variety with potato and cabbage or beets..though bread is generally fresh and delicious.. The front desk, especially the concierge,. is less than friendly..and quoted us a driver and car..at exactly twice the price we ended up paying for the English-speaking airport cab driver we did hire for a whole day. The day we left, the hotel was engulfed by a life-insurance sales convention from the Mid West (Ugh !).

Despite its magic name and thick tourists books (like Insight Guides), there is less to see and do in Munich than the guides suggest..the center near the hotel is devoid of cars, a blessing, full of proprietary boutiques for high-quality clothing, leather goods, food, etc., and outdoor wine bars (also for beer). Attractive, so-called old baroque buildings, many rebuilt after WWII bombings (including the hotel)..an OK cathedral and a couple of small interesting museums. And the famed opera house, where we attended a performance of Der Rosenkavalier, not a great opera, but plenty of well-dressed opera goers to ogle ! Another worthwhile, but sobering visit, is to Dachau, the infamous concentration camp just outside town. All in all, Munich is prosperous and vibrant, full of stylish, well-dressed women, even more than in Paris..and the HQ for both Siemens and BMW..but not a drop-dead tourist destination. And, oh yes,as to the rathskellers so publicized because of Oktoberfest..don't hold your breath. I was told by our concierge that they're 80% tourists, one of the two best-known right opposite the Hard Rock Cafe ! And, finally, Munich is not in, nor in sight of, The Bavarian Alps; they're 60 miles away. All in all, a nice city and hotel probably worth a two night stay, no more.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank nyvoice
QualityManager_HBH, Training & Quality at Bayerischer Hof Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Dear guest.

Thank you very much for taking the time to describe the experiences that you made during your recent stay with us on the “Tripadvisor” homepage.
Please allow us to contact you herewith. Your opinion is an important tool to control our quality standards on a daily basis.

We are pleased to learn that you considered the Hotel Bayerischer Hof for your stay in Munich and that you appreciated our rooms and the rooftop garden.

We are very sorry that you were not satisfied with the attitude at our front desk, especially our concierge. Please accept our sincere apologies and be assured that this does not meet our high quality standards. To find out further details, we would appreciate if you could let us know more about the occasions, on which you made these experiences. Thank you for your efforts in advance.

Dear guest, we would be very happy to welcome you again at Hotel Bayerischer Hof in case you may think about a further visit to Munich after all.

With kindest regards

Hotel Bayerischer Hof
Gebrüder Volkhardt KG

Tinka Schindel
Quality & Training

Reviewed 17 December 2013

The Bayerischer Hof is a magnificent Belle Epoque hotel that will blow your mind from the time you set foot inside the marble laden lobby with some of the most attentive staff you could ever meet. We were greeted at reception by Claudia who was all smiles. The ever so helpful Christian helped us with our luggage to our room and explained all the finer points of the glorious suite we were put into. William was practically jumping out of his skin to help us in any way he could, and Florian was as fine a concierge as you could meet on the European continent. The suite we had was nothing short of brilliant and a credit to the quality of the hotel. The hotel was the epitome of style and old world charm in the centre of Munich. We loved our stay here and would certainly be happy to stay again. Excellence in all aspects of the hotel experience!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank VicNicholas
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I stayed at this Bayerisher Hof for 7 weeks. This old establishment is comprised of three separate buildings all attached, with sprawling hallways, nooks and wide stair cases, the trio of buildings takes up half city block in central Munich. During the first part of my business trip there was extensive renovations going on. Although I was aware of the construction it didn't effect me negatively.

My first room was beautifully outfitted, renovated , contemporary and on the top floor, with a view of the neighboring rooftops. It was a lovely room. Because of my lengthy stay, I asked to be moved because I needed more room, a sitting area, and a desk for work. I asked the General manager Phillip Herdeg to help me find a room more suited to my needs. He did so immediately, offering a selection of rooms to choose from. Mr. Herdeg also set up a kitchen area, with an extra refrigerator and a small cooking area for me. Very thoughtful, I told him that I liked to prepare my own meals at times. Being on the road 8 months a year and eating out all the time can get tired and expensive. It is great to make little meals and snacks in the comfort of ones own room. The General manager was attentive, and super polite. I never felt like my request where a bother. He also took great care of my co-workers. One of the great things with the daily cleaning was that the same two people took care of my room 6 days a week. Living in a hotel adjusting to the way different staff handle ones belongings and toiletries can be frustrating. It was also comforting to recognize the housekeepers.

The hotel breakfast was extensive and fresh. Room service was good. The deco bar past the lobby was great. The food at the Trader Vick's restaurant was terrible.

The hotel roof lounge, bar, pool, and spa was a nice treat nestled in the middle of the city. The Hotel's location was a few blocks from the S and U bahn (subway) making travel around the city easy. This hotel is in the middle of a high end shopping district filled with restaurants, bars, shops, public squares, sights and walking distance to museums.

Great staff awesome general manager.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank OnLocation365
Reviewed 5 December 2013

It was my pleasure to visit Bayerischer Hof hotel and I can definitely say that it is one of the best hotel in Munich and Germany. The hotel is spoiling its guests with very comfortable. classic style luxury rooms, fantastic SPA center, great attentive staff that shows the best standards of customer service and marvelous rooftop lounge-bar with great fireplace, nice white interior and breathtaking views to Munich historical center. It is definitely one of the best places to have a drink and enjoy lively fire and views.
The lobby of this historic place run by one family for years is very nice spotting some stylish classical interiors. I highly recommend the hotel for the next trip to Munich

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family