“yummy, yummy, yummy”

Schmalznudel - Cafe Frischhut
Ranked #1 of 19 Bakeries in Munich
Cuisines: German
Reviewed 26 May 2013

The most scrumptious "Schmalz" pastry ever. So so so delicious! Try the Schmalznudeln!!! You won't regret it. Deliciously light and ever so pleasing to the palate. Such a lovely little cafe. The Virkutalien market across from it is a must!!!!! You can eat your way through it.....delish delish!!!!

1  Thank travellersalike83

Reviewed 6 May 2013

I was walking past and noticed a guy frying dough, when cooked they look like flying saucers dipped in sugar. They are lovely though and even better with nice cup of coffee. Not good for the waistline but if you're on holiday the that's OK. Loved the cafe and will take friends who visit for a real German experience.

1  Thank FionaC08
Reviewed 29 March 2013

I'm not sure what else to say. For those who said it was "average" I am not sure what they ate?!

In the front window they make the plain flat donuts and the jam filled ones all day long. They are always warm and fresh.

Incredible. We stopped by to take them out every time we passed by the market whether we were hungry or not. I had been on a previous trip and nothing had changed. Maybe it isn't worth it if you sit down and order the "wrong item"? I don't know as I've never tried

1  Thank d w
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Early in the morning is the best time to meet the locals from the market. Be prepared, you might encounter all sorts of characters. And have a go at the menue. For one day do not worry about the calories!!!!!

1  Thank cd_lavender
Reviewed 25 February 2013

I enjoyed it here. Coffee was good, so was the Danish. Is it the best I ever had? No. But I didn't need it to be. I needed it to be good, and supply me with the morning caffeine I wanted to begin my day. It did that just fine. I would come back. Service was polite and efficient. It won't compare to a coffee house in say, Vienna. But it isn't trying to. Give it a try.

1  Thank Ruben-Anthony