“Great, fresh, healthy, delicious and affordable food at the Flughaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Oliva

Oliva
Ranked #2,148 of 3,682 Restaurants in Munich
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Casperia, Italy
“Great, fresh, healthy, delicious and affordable food at the Flughaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

For the past ten years we have been travelling to Rome from Canada via Munich. Every time we stop in Munich we stay at the Kempinski Hotel at the airport. There are many great restaurants in Munich but this Turkish fast food counter at the airport has to be one of my favourite places to eat. Everything from the doners and durum is so fresh. They have a wonderfully varied menu including great pizzas. There have been times when I actually ate at this restaurant three times in one day because I was craving the wonderful fresh vegetables and the incredible spicy flavours of the food they serve. I love their vegetarian doner and durum. We have many doner (donair) restaurants here in Vancouver but all pale in comparison to Oliva.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank James J

Chicago, IL
“Great fresh food for cheap”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

I come to MUC every once in a while - but what I always do whether arriving or departing - stop at Oliva for an excellent durum doner. I get mine extra spicy - the staff is always happy to customize your sandwich/wrap to your liking. The ingredients are always fresh and clean-tasting.

Lately I have also tried their pizzas - also another excellent selection. This place is just one example of many in MUC that shows that you CAN have quality airport food at affordable prices. I wish O'Hare would get the hint.

If you travel here please visit this stop on the arrivals level. You won't regret it one bit.

• Visited March 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
“Yummy Middle Eastern Food in Munich Airport”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2013

I usually stay for a week in Germany whenever I visit and inevitably, I start to crave some asian and middle eastern flavors as the week progresses.
Airport Oliva (turkish specialties) has a very inviting look as soon as I arrive from rental car return at Terminal 2 to check into US Air flight. With all the meats looking fresh and hot, all the toppings are piled up like little hills, the spinach/cheese filled breads looking freshly baked - the display just screams "fresh and tasty".

Considering that middle eastern food is one of the more popular international foods in Germany, the presence of this eatery in Munich airport confirms this permanent relationship of Germany with middle eastern cuisine.

The staff is very fast with serving the food and is sensitive to it being packaged in a way where sauces (there are spicy choices too!!) are not dripping all over the airport.

• Visited August 2013
Auburn, Alabama, United States
“Affordable and healthy food inside the airport!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 January 2013

As we passed through the airport in Munich, Germany, we had a layover that was long enough to require a meal. In Terminal 2, we noticed swarms of people ordering wraps and kebabs at the counter for a little restaurant called Oliva. We ordered a Turkish wrap with shaved chicken, lovely marinated vegetables, and topped with traditional tzatziki sauce. It was absolutely delicious... and best of all it was healthy and affordable.

I agree with a previous reviewer that the staff could smile more, and that this little gem of a restaurant could use more seating!

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Pam B
Marsascala, Malta
“One of the best kebabs I ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2012

Great value for money, great quality & quantity for less than euro 5, a real meal in a kebab. Meat good, salad inside the 'bun' crisp and fresh, if only in flight catering were as good!!!
Top tip - most of the staff at the airport seem to be customers of this outlet, need to say any more.
Only minor negative comments - staff could smile more, be more helpful and less fretful. Definitely more seating required.

• Visited July 2012