Novum Hotel Muenchen Am Hauptbahnhof
US$213
US$206
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
Carat Hotel & Apartments Munchen(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$91
Travelocity
  • Bar/Lounge
US$108
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn Munich - Westpark(Munich)(Great Value!)
US$113
US$97
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsopposite the train stationexcellent locationcentral locationreception staffstayed for nightsmunich hbflate at nightyogurt
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I arrived at the Hotel on Sunday 29th June and found the young man on the Reception to be somewhat unwelcoming but he was in strict contrast to all the remaining Reception and Restaurant Staff. The Hotel is superbly situated opposite the Hauptbanhof and within two minutes walk of excellent Radius Tours. I was travelling alone and the room was adequate, clean and well mainatined. I would agree with another review which stated that towels were changed daily even if you left them on the towel rail. I would also agree that the room was hot and I slept with the window open but luckily I did not have excessively hot weather during my stay.
The breakfast was very satisfactory and the restaurant staff friendly and efficient.
This was my second visit to Munich and I doubt that I will be returning in the near future but have in mind to visit Berlin and use the Winter Chain of Hotels in that City.

Room Tip: I asked for a quiet room but from the layout of the Hotel, it would appear that there were only rooms in the front so be prepared for some traffic noise
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank BathDaniel
Sven F, Receptionist at Novum Hotel Muenchen Am Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear BathDaniel,

thanks alot for your detailed review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at the Winters Hotel Muenchen am Hauptbahnhof. We hope to accommodate you again in Berlin.

Best regards and safe travels.
The Winters Hotel Team

Reviewed 23 June 2014

The hotel locates directly opposite the Munich Central Station (Hauptbahnhof), which is a great advantage for convenience.

However the cost of the room may be too high for travellers expecting a lower cost. The room price was about 100EUR per night but the room was quite disappointing. Thanks to Tripadvisor, we have requested a room facing the back, and it was facing a car park. Occasionally there were cars screaming there, but overall the room was quiet enough.

However the room was really small - containing two single beds and a toilet. There was little room for putting the luggage or to relax.

During our stay in the hotel, Munich was suffering from hot weather - always above 30 degrees Celsius during daytime. The room had no air-conditioning, which was quite hard for the both of us.

We didn't have our breakfast at the hotel, as Hauptbahnhof and its surrounding areas are busy districts which have plenty of restaurants to be chosen with, so we chose to have our breakfast outside.

Room Tip: Facing the back is vitally important. The side facing Hauptbahnhof is pretty noisy as the station has very busy train schedules.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Oesophagus
Sven F, Leiter Front Office at Novum Hotel Muenchen Am Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Dear Oesophagus,

thank you for taking the time to comment in such great detail about our hotel. We were happy to read that you found the hotel clean with a great location. However, we also noticed your comments that were not so positive for us. Regarding the size of the room we are sorry that it did not fullfil the expectations. We have various roomsizes from 14 sqm to 45 sqm at different roomrates . The smallest rooms enable us to keep those room rates at a very affordable level, because even though the rate seemed high to you we yield our daily best rates very carefully and make sure you always have the best available rate according to the occupation to the market. We would, however be very pleased to welcome you again upon your next visit in Munich so that we could deliver the service that you expect.

the management

Reviewed 22 June 2014

I really enjoyed our 4 nights at this hotel.
It was right opposite the central station, you couldn't miss it. There is an ALDI and a REWE around the corner to grab any bits you might need, too.
The staff were welcoming, and we went straight up to our room which was not facing the train station, and we were in an end room.
There room itself was exactly what we had expected for a central 3* hotel- nothing to write home about but perfect for a budget city break. There were 3 beds in the room, and it was cleaned daily to a high standard. There is a sign in the bathroom saying if you wish for your towels to be washed put them in the bath, to help save the environment. Every day I got fresh towels, even when I said I didn't need new ones. One day the cleaner was in my room and I told him not to change the towels and save the environment, and he STILL changed them. This was a little confusing.
Overall I would recommend this to friends looking for a cheap stay in Munich city centre. I would also stay here again if I went back, which I'm sure I will.
While we didn't try breakfast (12€ per night!) or go to the bar, the whole hotel was great from what we saw.

There was one negative about my whole experience in this hotel- the HEAT. There is no air conditioning and the room was so hot at night times it woke us up. We ended up having to sleep with the window open, which is fine until drunken people decide to sing past your window in the early hours. Aircon would be a great addition.

While in Munich you can use your public transport ticket on trams, S Bahns and U Bahns. In the main station you can buy a 'PartnerTicket' day pass for up to 4 adults for €11.60. Great for getting around.
If you are looking for a way to get from the airport to town, Lufthansa bus goes straight to the main station for €17 return.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vjllh
Sven F, Manager at Novum Hotel Muenchen Am Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear vjllh,

thank you very much for such a detailed review. We are very well aware that this takes a considerable effort from your side and we thank you very much for your time. Of course we are particularly pleased about the positive comments. Although we take those that are not so considerably for our hotel very serious. Rest assured that after thorough internal research, we take the necessary steps to correct the issue whenever possible! Thanks again for all your comments and we are looking forward to welcoming you again as our guest.
the managment

Reviewed 21 June 2014

We arrived at this hotel for business purposes in April and was pleasantly surprised .
Staff lovely and friendly and remembered I was a coeliac and my gluten free bread was always offered at the breakfast table and any other choices available, and a great choice of foods.
The room was small but adequate and it could do with a little fridge which would fit under the table easily and a room safe in the clothes cupboard and it would be better than the 5* hotel we stayed in a month later in Munich ! The fridges could be hired out on a wkly basis , and due to the security problems in hotels the safe should be a standard commodity.
Only problem we found was when a coach load of students arrive you have to be down early for breakfast as they were like a swarm of locusts and it was gone very quickly !
The window opened onto the road facing the train station but was great to have fresh air .
Service 5* definitely come back here again especially if they have a room safe and fridge .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear oldbean48,

first off we would like to thank you for your detailed review. We are very well aware that this takes a considerable effort from your side and we thank you very much for your time.
We would, however be very pleased to welcome you again upon your next visit in Munich.
the management

Reviewed 18 June 2014

The hotel itself was clean and staff very polite. My only objection and something to look out for is the price. On arrival we were told this was the only room left at 149e. After a day out and about we arrived back at the hotel to find they were advertising the rooms at 79e per night. So my advise is make sure you book online in advance to make sure you get proper rate. Apart from that it was fine.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Sven F, Manager at Novum Hotel Muenchen Am Hauptbahnhof, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Dear Eastkilbride13,

thanks alot for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to write this review! We are very well aware that this takes a considerable effort from your side and we thank you very much for your time.
Regarding the different rates we can assure you that we always offer you the best avaibale rate and of course as you noted it is very imporatant to book early to get the best rates. The day you payed more was probably a very busy day in munich and our hotel therefor the price level raises. Nontheless we hope to welcome you again in our hotel upon your next travel to munich.
Sven Fischer