Motel One Munchen-Deutsches Museum
Hotel Prinz(Munich)
  • Pool
  • Room Service
1,204 results
All reviewsrooms are smallminute walkcity centreisar riverstylish hotels bahn stationwould stay here againcommon areascontinental breakfaststayed here for two nightsquiet locationshort stayboiled eggsnice barbusiness tripbusiness hotelstops
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 October 2011

I booked the day of my arrival in the busy Oktoberfest time. It was clean, efficient, modern. Not much else in the room besides the usual, no minibar but I didn't mind. Wi-fi in room and breakfast not included, but I paid the extra and it was a good value. Overall I can't complain.

Reviewed 1 October 2011

Modern, friendly, clean. Comfy beds/linens. Rooms are tiny, with no phones,toiletries or wash cloths. Breakfast option is a must.

Room Tip: Make sure the hotel still has A/C turned on. We went late Sept. and all A/C was off in entire motel. Rooms were very hot, had to sleep with windows open.
1  Thank bigcatq
Reviewed 21 September 2011

Friendly staff, really clean common areas and room. The breakfast was a good continental selection, with a very good coffee machine. Comfy bed (Egyptian cotton sheets were an unexpected plus) and good array of different language channels on tv. Free in room wifi with breakfast and was always free in lobby. They had the possibility to borrow an iPad but didn't make use of that.

S-bahn a very short walk around the corner and probably a 20 min stroll to the city centre and an easy journey on line 8 from the airport in ca 40 mins with no changes- quite rare on a city break!

The bar is good, not the typical depressing haunt of the lonely as per the usual hotel bar and a nice outdoor terrasse area, which they close at 10.30 to ensure there's no noise to people staying upstairs.

The bathrooms are compact but have hairdryers and good showers and they are very clean and modern, they do have small shampoo/soap there too.

I know people said there are no cupboards, but I found an area behind the bed to hang clothes as well as a rail by the mirror and there were shelves by the bed too. I don't think you can expect everything from these rooms for the price as you would from a standard hotel- you don't have a safe, in room kettle or conventional wardrobe but it's safe, clean and there's plenty of coffee in the lounge downstairs. All in all, excellent value and I'd happily stay there again but I'd have really liked it if the air con had worked but having not mentioned that to staff... can't really complain!
-as an added bonus, it is very close to the Hofbraukeller!

Reviewed 12 September 2011

Blue themed throughout, we love the minimalist sheek designed into what is a basic travellers/business hotel with a little bit extra. Very nice pillows and linen, modern furnishing, compact toilet. Yes, there is no wardrobe but it was ok for us. The views of Munich's skyline from the higher level rooms are really idyllic. Good breakfast, very good service, everything in tip top condition and working.. And the best part, its just a little stroll from the Deutsches Museum via a shortcut over a little park/brook. Excellent value for money and very close to other attractions via the tube. Definitely will come back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2011

We stayed here for two nights, and of all the hotels on our week long trip, we were most skeptical of this one, just because we weren't really sure what to expect. However, this was yet another great hotel find in Germany. Everything was very clean, as usual, and the staff seemed friendly enough too. The modern decor was kind of funky, in a good way. We hit the bar one night and grabbed a sandwhich late, which was nice to not have to leave your hotel for some food, but the menu is limited to toasted sandwhiches. Our room was small, clean, just remember to bring your own soap! We had a hard time finding this hotel, but this might of just been us. I also used an iPAD that guests can sign out with a credit card, no charge, just a deposit, which was really cool. Nicely located close to Marienplatz, 4 stops on the U Bahn I beleive. Also this was one of the cheaper hotels of our trip, around 90 EUROS a night breakfast not included. I would highly reccomed this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple