“A great restaurant”

Ranked #182 of 3,808 Restaurants in Munich
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 29 September 2013

Was our last night in Munich, and went hear based on other Trip Advisor reviews. A bit out of the way and tucked around a corner, but well worth the effort to find. European chic atmosphere, quiet jazz in the background, and a widely varied menu and attentive, English-fluent service. Food was beautifully presented and superbly prepared - was one of the top two meals we had on a three country tour of Europe. Opted for the 3 course prix fix at 40 euros - duck breast with Roquefort spaetzel and pears was superb, and their version of bouillabaisse is spectacular - the base is a lobster bisque that is to die for. Highly recommend this one.

1  Thank Anonymous1908

Reviewed 16 September 2013

I went here on the recommendation of a client after we finished our meeting, and thought it was great. The service was quick and the menu was great - large selection of food for a decent price.

1  Thank Jana P
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I was there for lunch, and I have to say that the Service was quick and efficient. There was a good selection of lunch dishes, also for Vegetarians. Excellent Food - recommended...

Reviewed 31 July 2013

My wife's birthday so I wanted somewhere different but walkable from our hotel and found this on Tripadvisor. Did not book but not too busy on a Monday night and we had a table downstairs. The menu is a la carte but you can have 3 courses for 40€, 4 for 48€ etc. We had the three course option, the food was wonderful, very helpful waiter matched wines for each course from the excellent selection and we had a really good time.

Reviewed 15 July 2013

I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO RETURN THE FAVOUR TO TRIPADVISOR FOR THIS RESTO.

This was the best dining experience we had in our 5 day trip around Bavaria (Munich, Garmisch, Salzburg, Linz).

EXCELLENT FOOD and probably the BEST SERVICE i have ever experienced in Europe. Period. I've been to over 20 cities in Europe, and i can say that this place has got the right idea. To the waiter that took care of us, you really made it a memorable evening for us.

Pros
Reasonable prices for pretty much central Munich (3 courses for 40 euro)
Trendy spot
Reservations accepted and very easy even for a friday night
Waiters spoke English super well
Very tasty and visually appealing dishes
Great cocktail list and wines
Nice location in a courtyard with a fountain, close to the city center (5 min cab out)
REALLY IMPRESSIVE SERVICE

I have to make a point here of the service:
The waiter, a young guy that's half Greek (so you know who to look out for), went out of his way to make sure we were accommodated for. It seemed like he was like this with all clients. Some of the nice gestures that we appreciated were making us requested drinks off the menu, amending meals to suit our tastes, cancelling our last main course without any sort of issue, bringing us extras if we asked for them without any qualms, etc. He even brought me a whole extra carafe of wine free of charge because my sangria (off the menu item) wasnt strong enough. I was just impressed.

For the food, we had the following meals:
Gazpacho with croquettes
Veal tenderloin with truffel risotto
Artichoke ravioli with lamb
Beef steak with potatoes

All were perfectly cooked, very tasty. The food here is kinda mediterranean/international. We went to Tantris the night before (2 michelin stars), paid twice the price, but enjoyed the ambiance and food at this restaurant more. I recommend this place for friends or couples. I don't see it as a family type place though...

If you're asking yourself about this place, don't. Just go. Youre doing yourself a favor.